Recommend a soundtrack to set up your subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It is suggested to set up a sub properly to place the sub at your listening position and play material with a good bass track, walk round the room and find the best position to place it.

Has anyone done this , which track would members recommend for this purpose?

D

Deleted member 2457

The Dark Knight, Top Gun, Terminator 2, Armageddon.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The only problem is that making comparisons while there is sporadic bass will be very difficult. Personally, I'd try a music or musical blu-ray where you can play a whole song and move the sub around. You either love it or hate it, but I've found that there is a lot of bass on the Mama Mia soundtrack and it needs good control so as to sound tight and not boomy.

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox:Definatley "The day after tomorrow" even during the opening credits theres a lovely deep bass tone to it, also the tidal wave scene ! Great tester.

The day after tomorrow, I can remember when i had my pioneer dvd all in one system my picture's on the wall were moving. and that was too a dts soundtrack. - great stuff.

A

Anonymous

A friend and I use the scene in Iron Man when he's walking out of the cave in his first 'suit', a good test to see if the windows will survive!

A

Anonymous

Sorreltiger:The only problem is that making comparisons while there is sporadic bass will be very difficult. Personally, I'd try a music or musical blu-ray where you can play a whole song and move the sub around. You either love it or hate it, but I've found that there is a lot of bass on the Mama Mia soundtrack and it needs good control so as to sound tight and not boomy.

Good point , when I finally try the setup I intend using the players A/B feature to loop the bass track

To be honest not convinced the "listening position" suggestion is the best , as when setting 75db at that position where do you take the meter reading , where do you point the speaker cone?

I reckon the THX deep tone might be worth trying

Another mag reviewer swears by the " Lifted " featured in ratatouille for testing your system

Thanks to everyone who responded so far ,Keep the suggestions coming

A

Anonymous

Terminator Salvation, most definitely. Read Clare's review of the movie and you will see that a workout for your sub-woofer is evident throughout the whole movie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts