R U addicted to this forum

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to just browse the site for 5 mins at a time . Then i started to flick through the forums for 15mins or so . Now the whf forum is first on my favorites bar which i flick through every time i turn my laptop on. Thats not all, the forum page has found its way onto my mobile phone favorites bar so my half an hour lunch break consists of me checking this forum. And yes im on it right now. So come on forum members, + the whfi-team and no excuses. Have you got the forum bug? How long do you really check and spend on this forum? P.S dont know about a certain likable 24/7 forum member who kindly replies to all post and we couldnt do without.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, European Working Time Directive - we've heard of it
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I look at it too much. I need to find a new hobby. Thing is, once the hifi is on the laptop goes on...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I probably spend too much time on here when I should really be working. If I'm really busy though, forum does now take a back seat (which it didn't used to and was when it became a problem!).

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
This responds to both the forum addiction and the upgradeitis thread. Sadly, I believe the answer is increasingly becoming a "yes!" Is there a WHF Anonymous organisation set up yet?

At the beginning of 2009 when I first joined in, with the innocent belief that I just needed a bit of advice, I would never have believed I would be spending so much time on this forum or looking at kit and accessories, the virtues of which are extolled or debated. I even said at one point that I knew there was a limit to the money I should realistically spend, based on the limited opportunities I get to listen properly. So much for that...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A timely thread.

I gave myself a 3 break from WHF starting about a week ago. Since then I had* succeeded in rationing myself to two updates a day followed by logging out and doing other things instead. (I have read two new books in the last week for instance.)

Autumn is coming (good light again), a new camera is a distinct prospect soon, and I will be wanting to get off my a___ and crank up the photography and the exercise!

*This is my fourth update today - although I have kept down the 'browsing' time to a minimum. So I will try to stay away from temptation for 24 hours to get back on track. (No more new books to read right now, so I will start on an old one.)

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
chebby:
A timely thread.

I gave myself a 3 break from WHF starting about a week ago. Since then I had* succeeded in rationing myself to two updates a day followed by logging out and doing other things instead. (I have read two new books in the last week for instance.)

Autumn is coming (good light again), a new camera is a distinct prospect soon, and I will be wanting to get off my a___ and crank up the photography and the exercise!

*This is my fourth update today - although I have kept down the 'browsing' time to a minimum. So I will try to stay away from temptation for 24 hours to get back on track. (No more new books to read right now, so I will start on an old one.)

I'm new to the forum and can not believe how addictive it is. I'm on it in the morning in-between jobs at work and then again at night. Not to mention what ideas you get from it all I need now is to win the lotto.
Dean

A

Anonymous

emotion-10.gif
well since i joined ive spent about e4500 on av kit
emotion-3.gif
, gonna spend a couple of k more shortly
emotion-10.gif

im pretty sure being on here has a little to do with that
emotion-5.gif
, but hey , ive spent money on worse things ..

as for time spent on the forum ? well when im home im either watching tv/movies and surfing the net ..

listening to music and surfing the net ..

having dinner and surfing the net..

or just surfing the net ..
emotion-11.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Well i had been a long term what hi fi magazine reader anyway and every night i would check the news page, then one day i thought i would venture into the forums, I had just bought a new home cinema system too so i thought i would share my experiences.

Its the only forum i belong too and it helps keeps my typing skills razor sharp and the members are nice too.

A

Anonymous

Two to three times a day. Usually just dip in and out unless Max has created havoc with another of those controversial threads (
emotion-5.gif
), in which case it can become time-consuming. It probably is an addiction I suppose.

A

Anonymous

no but i like to use it as a pastime
or when i feel fed up i can use it to cheer me up, and it does
i like the news& forums i also like andrew when he kicks butts to some posters
including a couple of mine boo hoo, but overall it can be fun and a good way to pass time,

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
laserman16:
Andrew Everard:On average it's about 100-120ish hours a week.

emotion-1.gif
Only part time then....
emotion-1.gif

I'm convinced Andrew has found a way to answer queries here even when he's asleep
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Crikey, you'd have to have faith in the equipment to trust that you won't get attacked by a falling monitor in the night.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
chebby:
A timely thread.

Chebby

Excellent camera choice, same as the Leica I think but about £300 less...................yes?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:Crikey, you'd have to have faith in the equipment to trust that you won't get attacked by a falling monitor in the night.

Indeed, though I'd be slightly more worried by this...

recumbent%20computer.jpg

A

Anonymous

fayeanddavid:chebby:
A timely thread.

Chebby

Excellent camera choice, same as the Leica I think but about £300 less...................yes?

he cant answer for another 4hrs and 23 minutes
emotion-5.gif

Messiah

I don't think I ever really navigate away for long. You will see me logged in most of the time. However, I just browse here after work in the evenings, although it is every evening and all evening...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts