R U addicted to this forum

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
brendonw:
the_lhc: golf forum i've been glancing at recently is about as reactionary as you'd expect really and you can barely ask any question without someone slagging off your choice of equipment, very sad.

but golf=sad ;)

Oh it's you. The boy hasn't asked you to take him out for another round recently then?

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin:

Andrew Everard:Not a clue, pp - just things seem to be going through an odd phase. Lack of summer? End of holidays? Impending autumn?

Should've refused his request, just out of spite...LOL

Bless him.

emotion-2.gif
ah dear.

Going back to the original question, I think there are far worse addictions than tapping out a few words on the PC to a forum such as this. I'm sure most of us, me included, allocate more time than is ideal, hence why I tend to have a 2 or 3 week (staggered) break every year.

scene

plastic penguin:Going back to the original question, I think there are far worse addictions than tapping out a few words on the PC to a forum such as this. I'm sure most of us, me included, allocate more time than is ideal, hence why I tend to have a 2 or 3 week (staggered) break every year.
Agree that a break to posting is good, I find it helps me to keep things in perspective and not get involved in spats over nothing. I'd like to think that I'm no more addicted to this forum than I am to tea (say). I'm an eight mug a day man myself
emotion-5.gif

SteveR750

quite possibly; I have almost amassed as many posts as Max on a cycling forum (if you count both then probably have), canon camera/flickr forum, sport kite flying forum, and that's before the distraction of facebook
emotion-3.gif

Oh and the Honda Accord owners club (now inactive), and diabetes UK.....hmm sure I've forgotten a couple.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750:quite possibly; I have almost amassed as many posts as Max on a cycling forum (if you count both then probably have), canon camera/flickr forum, sport kite flying forum, and that's before the distraction of facebook
emotion-3.gif

Oh and the Honda Accord owners club (now inactive), and diabetes UK.....hmm sure I've forgotten a couple.

A life described in forums - bit scary, really...

A

Anonymous

SteveR750:
quite possibly; I have almost amassed as many posts as Max on a cycling forum (if you count both then probably have), canon camera/flickr forum, sport kite flying forum, and that's before the distraction of facebook
emotion-3.gif

im only on here , well apart from about 40 posts on a competing forum
emotion-10.gif
.. i didnt realise people go on so many forums , makes me feel a bit better about my little case of forumitis
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

40 posts in four days
emotion-3.gif
.. ok i know , i could do that many in an hour on here , but on that other site it took me about 8 months , its just sooooo slooooow
emotion-8.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:40 posts in four days
emotion-3.gif
.. ok i know , i could do that many in an hour on here , but on that other site it took me about 8 months , its just sooooo slooooow
emotion-8.gif

Was that as you, or as potnoodle?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
emotion-3.gif
emotion-8.gif

emotion-4.gif
dop trawer
emotion-5.gif

maxflinn:Andrew Everard:

emotion-3.gif
emotion-8.gif

emotion-4.gif
dop trawer
emotion-5.gif

Max, not the Meth's again....
emotion-4.gif

idc

I chill here. On another forum I get into very heated debates, so much so that on one I was was attacked for the Lockerbie Bomber being released (my location is down as Scotland) on a thread about whether or not speakers really do burn in.
emotion-7.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I pop in daily to have a read of the news and forums and post if I feel I have something worthwhile to add on a subject, but lately I have found the forums are getting full of threads full of either total nonsense or threads based solely on hear say rahter that facts which does nobody any favors.
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

It passes the time nicely while I try to deal with my other addiction - Spotify
emotion-15.gif

However this means the other half can watch an unlimited amount of Emmerdale/Coronation St/Eastenders /ITV dramas/Holby City/Casualty.......

SteveR750

Andrew Everard:SteveR750:quite possibly; I have almost amassed as many posts as Max on a cycling forum (if you count both then probably have), canon camera/flickr forum, sport kite flying forum, and that's before the distraction of facebook
emotion-3.gif

Very; but to rationalise it I have met lots of great people as a result of some of these forums, in another era I'd never have realised they even existed. I think that is a 'good thing' even if it reads like something from an AA meeting.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750:Andrew Everard:SteveR750:quite possibly; I have almost amassed as many posts as Max on a cycling forum (if you count both then probably have), canon camera/flickr forum, sport kite flying forum, and that's before the distraction of facebook
emotion-3.gif

Very; but to rationalise it I have met lots of great people as a result of some of these forums, in another era I'd never have realised they even existed. I think that is a 'good thing' even if it reads like something from an AA meeting.

AVAA Audio Visual Addicts Anonymous
emotion-7.gif

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I am never on this forum. I have no problem at all. Yeah right i check this 4 times a day switch on the lap top at night and constantly going back and forth........ Never knew it would come to this

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Andy Clough:I'm convinced Andrew has found a way to answer queries here even when he's asleep
emotion-2.gif

ergoquest500_3.jpg

LOL!!! Gave me the biggest chuckle of the day
emotion-2.gif
Superb form Andrew
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts