Question on TV Calibration

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I've picked up a copy of the Digital Video Essentials DVD that should allegedly make a massive difference to the picture on my TV once I use it to calibrate it. My question is, what if my DVD player need to be calibrated and therefore spoils the picture on the TV? A chicken and egg scenario if ever I've heard one! Any tips out there on what to do? Thanks!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Some of the TEST PATTERNS on the DVE dvd will not be displayed correctly on certain dvd players/screen combinations but the vast majority will perfectly well. The visual improvements after calibration may not at first look good to your eyes but stick with it and you will see just how badly most people have their TV's set up.

The process with the DVE dvd is a little long winded and you will find your self going back to test paterns you have all ready done, but stick with it and the results are worth the effort.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a pana pz81 50" tv and I ran the calibration through starwars THX Optimizer, the settings were'nt a kick in the ass of the factory defaults pre set in.

Have the manufacturers finaly got there act together or am I Mr McGoo...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts