Quality music for breakfast . . . ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
DocG said:
CJSF said:
DocG said:
Hi CJSF,

If you want to try some more Ladysmith music, have a look at this album. The three background singers are ex-Ladysmith and you can hear it too! And I think the recording is pretty decent also (all echo and reverb are real room acoustics, no digital finery)...

Thanks for the link DocG, I like Hans Theesink's music but have missed this album. Listened over the Sugar Puffs this morning, gets my thumbs up, Hazel was suitably impressed too. Having a second bite as I type, the amps are warmed up now, a very rich natural sound, will be a regular from my play list. If only it was available on vinyl? CJSF

One of my dealers has a vinyl copy, so it must be available somewhere. And to be frank: yes, it sounds even better on vinyl! The mastering is a touch on the bright side, and that suits vinyl better, I suppose...

Keeping my eye on 'used lists'. I did not hear the bright mastering? . . . but then my system is crystal clear at the top end, valve based with silk tweeters, bright does not seem to trouble it.

I have taken a lot of trouble over the years to keep the extreems in control, rejecting anything in the chain that was strident, ie, valves, cables, cartrige etc. I can trace the origins of 'my prefered sound' back to my early day of true hifi in the early 80's. I am still using the same speaker and interconects cable from that period, the speakers themselfs are circa 1990.

CJSF

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My personal favourite is the sound of a humpback whale as it reminds me of myself when i was younger so i got a quality recording of one just for you to try, sit back, relax and put it up full blast and it'll work wonders.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKijpDI5Lw

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts