A little advice for PC Hi-fi

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Been reading these forums a lot recently, trying to educate myself beyond review material. Today I thought I'd actually post as I have an issue.

Recently I bought a new PC for my bedroom and figuring that it'd be used for TV/Movies/Video games and music [Including some very amateur production], my initial thoughts went to a multimedia style 5.1 so I bought some Logitech z906's. Now whilst they're not terrible at what they do, I just have a lot less use for them than what I first thought. 95%+ of what goes through them is music so I'm thinking of selling them for a pair of stereo speakers. I currently have a Creative Soundblaster Zx sound card (and also an M-audio 1010lt with a small 16 channel Behringer mixing desk but I'm not sure they'd come in to play here give the Soundblaster).

My question is which path to choose, should I look at a pair of actives/monitors (Saw the M-Audio BX8 D2's) or an entirely new separates system that I can just plug my PC in to? My budget won't be great for the next month or 2, only around 350. Would a DAC be a good idea considering my sound card? I'm at a loss for direction really. My room is of fairly small size, maybe 4m x 5m with plenty of dampening (Carpet, bed etc.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Agreed that active speakers would seem more appropriate with what you already have. I'd look at the Adam audio range, which are easier on the ears than the Yamahas - they're a bit hard in the upper mid/treble ranges.

TRENDING THREADS