quad 11L replacements for use with arcam solo mini

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
panasonic d28 tv

sony bd-s370 linked with qed perfomance hdmi to tv, and chord crimson+ to solo for movie sound

arcam solo mini

quad 11L speakers linked with chord terminated odysee 2. 30cm from rear wall

sonos zp90 linked with chord crimson +

my quads perform as they should. cosmetically they are poor, and im looking for a replacemet.

these speakers are now 7+ years old. how much has tech moved on? and any suggestions on replacements?

i listen to all sorts of music. iv listened briefly to the kef q300's. they sound glorious, yet i cant get on with their looks. and are too large. the b&w 685's came 3rd. they just seemed a little closed in. the treble no where as clear as the kef's, and are again physically too large. monitor audio rx1's came 2nd. but are much more pleasing on the eye. infact, they were lovely.

but what about the ma bx2's? for the money are they on par with the quads? theres a £150 difference between these and the rx1's. and i could do with the extra cash atm due to very hungry springer in need of his nads taken away.

any thoughts will be most appreciated chaps

Paul

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
What about Quad 11L Classics? (The latest incarnation of the 11L series.)

They cost £330 and come in smart (real) cherry or rosewood veneers. For £50 extra there are piano gloss cherry or gloss black versions.

You are already (presumably) happy with the sound, given that you have had them over seven years and are only changing them for 'cosmetic' reasons.

If good reviews make you happier...

http://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/news.php?id=24

A

Anonymous

I got the speakers s/h 3 years ago. They perform as they should. They just have a lot of dings knocks and cracks in the laquer. Yes I like the sound. But tbh I never auditioned them. Just went off off reviews and bought for £200 of the bay. They only cost £350 new. So my q is whether the £250 bx2's will be equal?

A

Anonymous

popped into musicraft and spoke to rick. he gave the same unbiassed excellent service i remember from 8 years years ago when i purchased my first hi fi gear.

next weekend i pick up a brand new set of monitor audio rx1's and i couldn't be happier

anyone in the derby area should give him a bell

Paul

manicm

paultownsend said:
I got the speakers s/h 3 years ago. They perform as they should. They just have a lot of dings knocks and cracks in the laquer. Yes I like the sound. But tbh I never auditioned them. Just went off off reviews and bought for £200 of the bay. They only cost £350 new. So my q is whether the £250 bx2's will be equal?

Ah I see, I could be wrong but the MAs may be a sideways step. Is there any possibility of having the Quads refurbished?

A

Anonymous

yes i got the light oak!

i took them to a french polisher, a few infact. wanted £40 a scuff +vat!

from what i remember, and it was a listnening session without my own music, sideways is not the word id have used. i certainly could not have got anything better, to pair with the solo mini for the price.

my only other consideration were the dynaudio dm 2/6. but i just dont think the solo mini could have driven them to anywhere near there capability

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts