Q Acoustics review help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I see the Q Acoustics 1050i were recently reviewed and recieved a 4 star rating, I was wondering if the original 1050 were reviewed and if so how they did? I tried to order the original 1050 in cherry at £210 delivered but was called back by the dealer today to inform me these were completely sold out and not even the manufacturer had any stock, he has kindly offered me the 1050i at £260 delivered. It seems to be a good price and according to the q acoustics website the i models have been tweeked but is there really any difference? and is it these changes that gave the speaker 4 stars as the older model im sure won a few awards.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We reviewed the original Q Acoustics 1050 speakers back in October 2006, when they also received four stars:

For: Build; visual and sonic presence; communicative midrange

Against: Bass is a touch blurry and lacking; short of a certain amount of attack

Verdict: The 1050s have charm, but there are rivals - and stellar siblings - that do the job rather better.

In short, they fall into a common trap for budget floorstanders of offering great scale and depth of bass, yet not controlling music quite as well as they should.

Still, that was reviewed at £330....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Clare at least I know now im not missing out on getting the upgraded versions. I guess with the i version also recieving 4 stars and a simular review it makes me think why were they in such a rush to get another version out. Still for £260 its without a doubt alot of speaker for the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts