PS3 audio output query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have linked my PS3 to my Marantz SR4300 amp via optical lead , but can only get audio out of the front two channels. The PS3 is set up to output in 5.1 etc and i have checked amp settings and experimented with all options! Can anyone throw any light on my problem please?? Emailed Marantz but no response!! cheers Marantz!! Is it the amp or me?? Would really like to upgrade to the Onkyo 605 but don t think i can swing it just yet as my wife says we need to buy food and pay the mortgage first !!??
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Ok because you're using optical go into the PS3 settings options go to sound and ensure optical is the choosen option. Then from settings again go into BD option then audio and ensure bitstream is selected. then

From the main PS3 desktop, go to the "Settings" menu, then down to the "Sound Settings" option and select it, then choose "Audio Output Settings".

It will then ask you to "Select the connector on the TV or AV amplifier (receiver).". At this point select HDMI, or RGB what ever you are using then select Automatic. It will then give you a list of the settings it has selected and ask you to press X to save them. The full list should be the below, but because you will have selected Bitstream just X all the options the PS3 gives you
Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch.
DTS 5.1 Ch.
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 44.1 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 88.2 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 176.4 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 48 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 96 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch, 192 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 44.1 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 88.2 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 176.4 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 48 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 96 kHz
Linear PCM 5.1 Ch. 192 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 44.1 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 88.2 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 176.4 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 48 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 96 kHz
Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. 192 kHz

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense, and fixes the problem.

Remember setting the PS3 to bitstream will mean that your receiver will give you DD not PCM 5.1 as you cannot get PCM 5.1 via optical, you need HMDI

A

Anonymous

HI, Thanks bossman for help .. Tried it last night and it worked fine!! regards chanola.

A

Anonymous

Thanks glad it's solved now you can really enjoy those movies and games lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts