Problem with old Denon system (distortion)

clegtr

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So I recently got this older (not that old) Denon system. It's the so called Denon d-250, consisting of a power amp (UPO-250), a preamp with integrated radio tuner (UTP-250), a cd player (UCD-250) and a cassette deck (UDRS-250). It is paired with some Mulidine Carat speakers. I couldn't find any useful information about the speakers (which are black btw, all the pictures I found had them wood coloured).

All this would be quite nice if the system wouldn't have this one obnoxious problem: the left channel is very distorted and unclear (mainly the bass) :mad: . I tested it with several different CDs and the radio. I don't think the speaker is the problem since the problem persists when I use headphones.

I hope this information is enough for someone to tell me what the problem might be and which part of the system is the problem (probably preamp, or poweramp, maybe the connections?). What would it cost to get it fixed and would it be worth it? Lastly, does anybody have any information on the speakers, I couldn't find anything online, but I will call Mulidine at some point to see if they know anything.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

tl;dr: Left channel on Denon system distorts. Problem probably in preamp or poweramp.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Some sort of electrical fault inside and very unlikely to be worth the cost of repair bearing in mind there's always stacks of Denon amps on ebay for about £35

clegtr

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's this system: http://www.ebay.at/itm/Denon-Midianlage-UTP-250-UCD-250-UPO-250-m-Boxen-/161060996600?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%83%C2%A4rker&hash=item257ffbc5f8

Even if it's not worth repairing, I would still be interested what part of the system is likely to cause the problem, since I don't really want to throw all of it away.

clegtr

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's this system: http://www.ebay.at/itm/Denon-Midianlage-UTP-250-UCD-250-UPO-250-m-Boxen-/161060996600?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%83%C2%A4rker&hash=item257ffbc5f8

Even if it's not worth repairing, I would still be interested what part of the system is likely to cause the problem, since I don't really want to throw all of it away.

EDIT: Seems like I double posted :wall: , sorry for that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts