Pro-ject Connect-It LS loudspeaker cables.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Looks amazing.

Costs only £45 for 2 x 3m with solder terminated plugs included. That would still be pretty cheap even without the soldered plugs. It's about what I paid for my 'righteously cheap' Van Damme 4mm UP-LCOFC cables. (Also solder terminated.)

High purity OFC, solid core, 'circular geometry' (four twisted 0,96mm² solid-core conductors per channel).

Made for (or by) a pretty no-nonsense hi-fi company.

I think i'll give them a go.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
its up to you to do what you want with your own money but I'm sure that the usual cable thread haters will be along shortly to insult your inteligence and say that you are wrong to do this.

*mail1*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
macdiddy said:
its up to you to do what you want with your own money but I'm sure that the usual cable thread haters will be along shortly to insult your inteligence and say that you are wrong to do this.

*mail1*

I know all the technical/scientific arguments against and I believe them.

But those cables look lovely (and they are cheap).

Maybe there is something to discuss what with their solid-cores and twisted conductors compared to the spaced multi-strand (dumbbell cross-section) cables I have now.

I'm not expecting any 'road to Damascus' revelations though.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
But not in my eyes. Too Christmasy. Would make me salivate for candy everytime I see them. Might end up chewing on them while sleepwalking and blame the dogs.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I find that the more money you pay the more difference they make.good or bad.they might have a different sound but don't expect much.love to hear how you get on.keep us updated.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Sure I had an issue with those banana plugs not fitting an amp I had. Cant remember which one.
But I was diying and they wouldnt go in.

Just saying in case.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
What makes it quality?

Fact its using cheapest banana plugs available on ebay?

Thats all the speakers need. If the banana plugs are no good then he can fit a new set easy.

If you saw how thin the wire is inside the speaker then tou wouldnt worry so much.
But lets not turn this thread into a cable battle.

A quality cheap reasonable purchase

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was pulling your chain.

I was going to say all that high purity copper going into that low conductive brass connector. Is that quality and see you get triggered ;)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I think 45 pounds for well made, well finished, good looking cables is a good buy. I'm not one for the cable makes a difference to sound theorys but one can't argue when a quality product is a quality product

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I like the soldered connectors aswell.

Pop quiz

These are £45 with brass connectors

We could supply them with copper connectors but they are much more expensive to make therefore more expensive to buy in

But it would then be copper end to end.

Would you pay £85 for that cable?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Come on man I am interested to gauge people honest reaction to this

Gold plated copper then or rhodium but that would be more obviously but wont tarnish at all.

I instinctively prefer plugs with greater contact area, regardless of material. The bananas with one 'spring' seem to have less contact than those pictured which seem to have four. Or is it an illusion? Or is only the tip relevant? (I'm still talking cables!) I've never been sure...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
Looks amazing.

Costs only £45 for 2 x 3m with solder terminated plugs included. That would still be pretty cheap even without the soldered plugs. It's about what I paid for my 'righteously cheap' Van Damme 4mm UP-LCOFC cables. (Also solder terminated.)

High purity OFC, solid core, 'circular geometry' (four twisted 0,96mm² solid-core conductors per channel).

Report back :)

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
Looks amazing.

At the risk of inflaming the believers, we could apply some science. 'Van Damme 4mm' is 4mm cross sectional area per conductor, so a two core speaker cable has two 4mm CSA conductors side by side.

The cable linked to has 4 x .96 CSA cables, thats 2 x .96 CSA per effective conductor, or half the cross sectional area of the Van Damme.

I would stick with the Van Damme.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
andyjm said:
chebby said:
Looks amazing.

At the risk of inflaming the believers, we could apply some science.  'Van Damme 4mm' is 4mm cross sectional area per conductor, so a two core speaker cable has two 4mm CSA conductors side by side.

The cable linked to has 4 x .96 CSA cables, thats 2 x .96 CSA  per effective conductor, or half the cross sectional area of the Van Damme.

I would stick with the Van Damme.
Less current delivery, less damping factor, IME with solid core - thinner bass.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've lost interest. Sorry.

We are getting a new rug and I am now within 38 days of the end of my 2 year phone contract, so that £45 is amost half of the down payment on a new 256GB model.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
here we had a cable thread that was going somewhere without the usual forum members posting their cut and paste cr*p.

Oh well, maybe someone else will buy a set and let us know what they sound like.

hmmm I've been looking at speaker cables recently so maybe that person will be me once I get paid at the end of the month.

*unknw*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts