Van Damme cables

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Elsie Tanner. and another one...

elsie+tanner+putting+makeup+on.jpg

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:To the cynical, this would look like continuous bumping...
emotion-4.gif

I read it 1st thing this morning and couldnt be bothered to check which he was after

ooooooooo, another bump
emotion-5.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
grimmers:LC-OFC, and another bump

Talking seriously for a minute, once theyve had a 'run in' period (And please anyone that doesnt believe in them, dont bother to say as such), they sound fantastic

I highly recommend you invest in the IC lead too
emotion-1.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Stereolad:Am I missing something or is this just a length of insulated copper?

'Linear Crystal' copper (far more pure than standard OFC copper cables)

And as they use them at places sucha s 'Abbey Road' studios im thinking they cant be half bad (especially as they can be bought cheaper than all the known brands)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

And as they use them at places sucha s 'Abbey Road' studios im thinking they cant be half bad (especially as they can be bought cheaper than all the known brands)

I'm sure these are great value cables but like the Silver Streak (I think that's what they are called), their disciples seem to believe they are as good or better than top quality £200 cables from the likes of Chord.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:aliEnRIK:

I'm sure these are great value cables but like the Silver Streak (I think that's what they are called), their disciples seem to believe they are as good or better than top quality £200 cables from the likes of Chord.

Im not stating theyre better than anything in particular bar what ive tried on my own system which is Van Den Hul Teatrac (Or whatever its called), QED Slver Spiral, ics and speaker cables (hate that stuff), Russ Andrew silver streak (ICs), Homegrown Audios solid silver ics and speaker cables and a few other bits and pieces

What I can state for a fact is for the price they blow everything else out the water, and a hell of a lot more WELL above the price

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:Gerrardasnails:aliEnRIK:

Im not stating theyre better than anything in particular bar what ive tried on my own system which is Van Den Hul Teatrac (Or whatever its called), QED Slver Spiral, ics and speaker cabkles (hate that stuff), Russ Andrew silver streak (ICs), Homegrown Audios solid silver ics and speaker cables and a few other bits and pieces

What I can state for a fact is for the price they blow everything else out the water, and a hell of a lot more WELL above the price

Fair play then Erik. I think some others might go over board having not tried as many as you.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
My dads just fitted some to his system to test against some very expensive Black Rhodium cables (And his system overall is far more expensive then mine). Im intrigued to see how they sound, gonna bob over sunday.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Fair play then Erik. I think some others might go over board having not tried as many as you.

Nearly every forum ive been on theyre only comparing the studio blue too, which whilst excellent stuff, isnt as good as the LC-OFC stuff thats used in the recording studios. So yes, I think its mainly the cable sceptics that lay such claims.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:Where do you get the UP LCOFC IC from, any links ?

Look back through the thread. EBAY seems the best bet if you want to get plugs fitted. Personally I bought mine elsewhere online for a 10m roll and fitted my own plugs

michael hoy

aliEnRIK:
michael hoy:Very interesting, what size are you using.

The 4mm biwired to my center and the 4mm biamped to my main (May or may not get round to the rears which im not that fussed about)

The 2.5mm should be fine for most people though

I bought 15mtrs of the 4mm, used this for my LCR speakers, changed my amp at the same time so it is not easy to say if they are better or not.

However I thought I would make the change whilst I had all the equipment out of my cabinet.

Must say I am happy anyway with the new sound.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
vinod_david:AlienRik: Planning to change to LC-OFC from Blue. Is it worth it? - If I buy the 2.5mm (2m) cable, is that fine? TIA

2.5mm is fine. If you are considering changing then you can get it for £2 a metre HERE

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:AlienRik:

Planning to change to LC-OFC from Blue. Is it worth it? - If I buy the 2.5mm (2m) cable, is that fine?

TIA

I bought mine from the same place Brettys posted

And yes, I do believe its worth it

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. How I wish I can order from that site. According to that site, there are only two countries 'Isle of ....' and 'UK Mainland', shame! I need to take the expensive route then.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

The 4mm biwired to my center and the 4mm biamped to my main (May or may not get round to the rears which im not that fussed about)

Which Bi-wire cable are you actually using Rik? Is it this "tour grade black series" speaker cable?

A

Anonymous

Thinking of giving this wonder cable a try now. It's so cheap I might even bi-wire...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
jase fox:aliEnRIK:

Which Bi-wire cable are you actually using Rik? Is it this "tour grade black series" speaker cable?

Hi jase

No, its UP LC-OFC (Ultra Pure Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper). The cable itself has an almost clear sheath, whilst the blue and black are not opaque at all

The blue and black grades are not the Linear Crystal type (the difference between blue and black is that the black grade has better shielding, but at the slight expense of quality)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Rik,

Is the UP LC-OFC your using actually a BI-WIRED version or are you using two seperate ones?

I ask because i cant find a BI-WIRED version of it on the website mate, ha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts