PRAISE a YouTube dem

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
ellisdj said:
I was thinking that but for mostly a black cinema room it is quite apparent lol :)

I will check those links mate thanks
I noticed that your screen comes down over your speakers does this block the sound a bit when watching films ?
Its acoustically transparent. I think yes a small amount but the benefit of having a speakers behind the screen is far greater than any negative.

Think cinema is the same
you should have a nice matched sound now your got that new center speaker .

i am glad you did not keep on bashing on about the package as I've seen utube videos before were they talk about the box more then they do about the product .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
To be honest I have had a Kef Ref 2c the whole time. Kef loaned me one while this one was being made.

Apart from it taking so long they have been spot on same as Nintronics. I will be buying from them again they have been great

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
To be honest I have had a Kef Ref 2c the whole time. Kef loaned me one while this one was being made.

Apart from it taking so long they have been spot on same as Nintronics. I will be buying from them again they have been great
do they sell Av amplifiers ? As I am on the look out for a Yamaha Av 1060 below a grand if I can

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
ellisdj said:

do they sell Av amplifiers ? As I am on the look out for a Yamaha Av 1060 below a grand if I can 

Yes mate they sell everything but dont know about specifics on their stock like that. Worth calling them and asking for sure.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
ellisdj said:

Yes mate they sell everything but dont know about specifics on their stock like that. Worth calling them and asking for sure.
thanks *smile*

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Guys Feedback time please

This is the new recording - the level is a bit low so needs turning up. First time using the recorder.

This is the recording I put on there the other day - first one.

The difference seems big to me - what do you think?

That is very much better, it's in a completely different class especially the bass and imaging.

There is still quite a difference between your recording and the original youtube video through my system.

Have you done a comparison of the original and your recording using your system, if so did you hear much difference and what were the differences ?

You are welcome to come and listen to your system on my system to give you an idea of how well you have done, let me know if you can and we can arrange something, you can also see and listen to my unorthodox room acoustic treatment *biggrin*

I would say your video is by far the best quality I have heard so far, well done *good*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
ellisdj said:

This is the new recording - the level is a bit low so needs turning up. First time using the recorder.

That is very much better, it's in a completely different class especially the bass and imaging.

There is still quite a difference between your recording and the original youtube video through my system.

Have you done a comparison of the original and your recording using your system, if so did you hear much difference and what were the differences ?

You are welcome to come and listen to your system on my system to give you an idea of how well you have done, let me know if you can and we can arrange something, you can also see and listen to my unorthodox room acoustic treatment *biggrin*

I would say your video is by far the best quality I have heard so far, well done *good*

Cheers E - I will at some point mate - got so much on.

I am just taking baby steps here and learning as I go - you might have highlighted something there with the bass time aligment I will look into.

This is my latest video - please listen and let me know how this is - video and sound ?? Cheers

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Electro said:
ellisdj said:

Cheers E - I will at some point mate - got so much on.

I am just taking baby steps here and learning as I go - you might have highlighted something there with the bass time aligment I will look into.

This is my latest video - please listen and let me know how this is - video and sound ?? Cheers

The sound is very mid forward highlighting the lead strings and percussion above all else, the fill in detail is recessed and compressed also the upper bass, but the sub bass is quite strong . I think some balancing of the frequencies will help .

Playing the same track on my system via spotify sounds quite different.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0z9UTMWoBnFsXBJSuOGZLf

If you play back your home recording does it sound very different to playing the original on your system ?

Off topic . These recordings of Lindsay Stirlings ( acoustic ) recorded at the spotify studio's are very good indeed.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1XXSHevNKbENDXqH5iRSEC

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will check that sounds alright on my monitoring setup though considering how much yt seemed to compress this recording from the original.

That's with dirac engaged electro so you wont get much better balancing of freq than that give or take. Thats very unlikely the cause

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its recorded at 96/24.

Same as the others, same level I will check tonight cheers for the heads up. There is loads of dynamic range left no clipping at all.

Its interesting seeing the problem studios face. Record low keep dynamic range or record higher and suffer some clipping

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have redone the recording this evening at a much higher level about 10db higher.

YT still seems to reduce the overall volume quite a bit - however please try this out and update me on your thoughts?

Thanks for the help and feedback and support.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I have redone the recording this evening at a much higher level about 10db higher.

YT still seems to reduce the overall volume quite a bit - however please try this out and update me on your thoughts?

More or less the same IMO.

Is the recorder set to cut off bellow 40Hz?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No - thats all correct.

I will listen tomorrow and check here - maybe its the downconversion to 44 from 96 somewhere that is not helping with the song.

Did you provide me with a link to shotgun mics, I was looking for it but couldnt find it?

Cheers

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers might be sample rate downconversion somewhere in chain so will try and record again tomorrow to test that.

I thought last seemed better also.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:

well I've listened to 3 video though my headphones and I think this is the best sound yet it felt it was very involving to me which is what I like out of music .

take 3 seems it's lost its involvement and lost a bit of bass line but we all hear sound differently so I will try tomorrow on my hifi and see what the sound sounds like on my hifi as I am using beats headphones which can cloud things a little .

but hay good videos

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers sabbath mate. Learning curve, need perfect videos if your pursuit perfect system :)

I will get it to the best I can for this. Determined.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Cheers sabbath mate. Learning curve, need perfect videos if your pursuit perfect system :)

I will get it to the best I can for this. Determined.
and great taste in music too as 3 of the tracks you have put I've liked a lot *smile*

try this one for a test track .... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGWS9CffEMg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts