PRAISE a YouTube dem

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Can you please test this video out for sound

Original Video I recorded to compare.

This is a slightly different mic spot - higher input volume and lower recording sample rate.

I will test on mine later but capturing the very low end I think is going to be difficult because of how mics are designed to work, been doing my research 90% of them seem to roll off. However I am on the case and I think I have a solution but its very pricey so I need to be 100% its worth it.

I need to know if the video sound levels / dyamics bass etc have held up better like this after YT does its thing - or if the sound quality has reduced in favour of more volume??

Cheers for the help

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Can you please test this video out for sound

Original Video I recorded to compare.

This is a slightly different mic spot - higher input volume and lower recording sample rate.

I will test on mine later but capturing the very low end I think is going to be difficult because of how mics are designed to work, been doing my research 90% of them seem to roll off. However I am on the case and I think I have a solution but its very pricey so I need to be 100% its worth it.

I need to know if the video sound levels / dyamics bass etc have held up better like this after YT does its thing - or if the sound quality has reduced in favour of more volume??

Cheers for the help
there's a bit more bass on the new video but the top end seems rolled of slightly and the video is louder in this as I had to turn my amplifier down as it was a lot louder .

the original video is good you just need the same amount of bass on the old video like you have with the new video then it will be perfect in my opinion and that's playing both videos on my hifi streaming it over using air play from my iPad .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Sabbath mate, I think I can work with that now and do some new videos this week - I dont want to keep redoing th same content but there is no other way to fine tune than having multples on there and listening back and fourth. Baby steps atm

Thanks for the feedback its very helpful

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I listened to some other videos yesterday of someone doing a similar thing but recording much much better systems than mine and they wasnt near as good sounding overall and they was much leaner with no bass at all.

I want to make this side of the channel the best I can within the constraints of the medium thats being used to make it more enjoyable to watch than just someone speaking when I really get going with everything thats in my mind. I have some really good ideas planned with some good contacts made already to bring hopefully some interesting content.

You can get decent sounding videos on the the Tube so its worth the effort and I appreciate the help.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Cheers Sabbath mate, I think I can work with that now and do some new videos this week - I dont want to keep redoing th same content but there is no other way to fine tune than having multples on there and listening back and fourth. Baby steps atm

the trouble is that everyone will hear a different result as everyone one of us as different kit so the result maybe different for them .

but putting that aside they are still better sounding videos that you get to see on YouTube and the fact your going by Jonny sax video quality it sounds pretty good to me your never going to get perfection mate .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
ellisdj said:

the trouble is that everyone will hear a different result as everyone one of us as different kit so the result maybe different for them .

but putting that aside they are still better sounding videos that you get to see on YouTube and the fact your going by Jonny sax video quality it sounds pretty good to me your never going to get perfection mate .

In Agreement with you there - however no system is perfect to start with, mine certainly is not - the pursuit of the perfect one really is what its all about - hence the name :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Chartwell LS35A + DIY Rogers AB1
I found a pair of Yamaha NS-1000 on eBay mint £1500 in ebony and the have had the terminals at the Back modified to take banners

Yamaha did better quality ones for the home market with a better finish .

if you see that YouTube video the sound coming out of them is clear as a bell and the fact the chap in the video has excellent taste in vintage hifi .*smile*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Hey! This guy has my amp (far right side, bottom amp) and he hasn't demoed it yet. Boo!
I think he is using a A-S1000 and its matching cdplayer

I think he demoed a 3000, not sure.
no VUs on the amplifier so it has to be the A-S1000 or A-S2000 which both did not have the VUs fitted but Yamaha brought out and updated versions of both of theses amplifier and put VUs on

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
jBL speakers best I have heard drum sound from a speaker ....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcXKWQFqgY

That's back in 2011 when he recorded with a poopy mic. Sounds so bad compared to his new videos.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts