PRAISE a YouTube dem

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was looking at HiFi News reviewers systems - Kenn Kessler listening room is identical dimensions to mine - except he has a vault ceiling.

His room is filled withh Vinyl - mine is filled with GIK Panels .... lol room not too small. He has Watt Puppys in his

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This seems like a well recorded video, I played on my system and you can hear all the refections in his room especially from those storage units on the wall !

My PMC's sound like sonus fabers all warm and cuddly with loads of sparkle on the top.

The video quality is poo but the sound ain't half bad as it sounds how the room looks ( to me ) *smile* .

I can't believe he has stacked all that junk on a £2900 EC4.8 preamp *shok*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1He5M7A1CU

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Guys Feedback time please

This is the new recording - the level is a bit low so needs turning up. First time using the recorder.

This is the recording I put on there the other day - first one.

The difference seems big to me - what do you think?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
That is top notch sound. I can feel the room acoustics and bass is tight, midrange is full. I cannot hear compression in loud passages as before. Obviously it can't sound perfect since we are watching a youtube video through a youtube video, twice the compression.

Play some CDs next.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Vlad the difference is stupid good shout to get one of these thanks very much.

I will mate i will do a few things. Need a bit of better artwork at the start and to get a better recording level. First go and all that.

Will be interesting how well a stereo image is picked up as you can't adjust the mics on this recorder like I thought you could

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Cheers Vlad the difference is stupid good shout to get one of these thanks very much.

I will mate i will do a few things. Need a bit of better artwork at the start and to get a better recording level. First go and all that.

Will be interesting how well a stereo image is picked up as you can't adjust the mics on this recorder like I thought you could

It's a simple device. Using double shotgun mics give you more flexibility.

Also checkout tutorials for the recorder on youtube. There are lots.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
This new video is absolutely brilliant. Hats down ellisdj, you are natural at this. *drinks*

Cheers man. My cousin did a lot of the fancy artwork. He has got mad skills.

But I did all the filming and put it all together etc.

Learnt a lot from doing that one. Be getting better from here.

Cheers Vlad for the support.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
ellisdj said:
I was thinking that but for mostly a black cinema room it is quite apparent lol :)

I will check those links mate thanks
I noticed that your screen comes down over your speakers does this block the sound a bit when watching films ? 
Its acoustically transparent. I think yes a small amount but the benefit of having a speakers behind the screen is far greater than any negative.

Think cinema is the same

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts