Power amps with exceptional clarity??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’re struggling to know what words to use to describe it! Seems pretty bomb-proof with 800 watts into 4ohms, and claims to drive any known speaker. As well it might at that price.

I gather it’s mainly for the US market, presumably to compete with the big McIntosh, Accuphase, D’Agostino, etc.
The blurb does make interesting and amusing reading.

But that's what happens when using monoblocks doesn't it?

Of course nobody would dream of any such low priced source with them....even if the Mini's DAC / output was really good.

...and they must require a higher, XLR voltage feed at that price, surely.
…courtesy of the £35,000 Klimax DSM streamer and preamp, no doubt!

Note to readers - Other preamps are available! 😉

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

Fandango Andy

I think they’re struggling to know what words to use to describe it! Seems pretty bomb-proof with 800 watts into 4ohms, and claims to drive any known speaker. As well it might at that price.

I gather it’s mainly for the US market, presumably to compete with the big McIntosh, Accuphase, D’Agostino, etc.
800w, that's a whole garage full of Ferraris worth of insecurity or inadequacy somebody is trying to overcome.

Reactions: nopiano

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I see Linn has just released new monoblock amps (£75k a pair) that offer 'exceptional clarity '.
Wouldn't this be determined by whatever preamp you were connecting them to?
Discuss......

Less is best for those mighty mono-blocks, Icon Passive Preamp is best for the cleanest single.

1706625168960.png

And it needs to make a statement, disgusting extravagance deserves the most expensive loud speakers - I give you the Golden Smurfs. Dah da da da dah......

There needs to be a nice balance, essentially, how this would be perceived by your immediate circles, Humility meets the Emperors Clothing. :sneaky:

1706625115022.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts