AlexAR4

Apr 6, 2022
Visit site
So I've been wanting to come up with a setup for my turntable/speaker and other media. I created a little layout of a possible setup so i can have all my media things together, and I was wondering if it's ok to put a central channel speaker underneath a turntable (wood barrier in between; part of shelf), or would that affect the turntable, as well as the records sitting below? I have a layout image below for context.
Screenshot 2022-04-06 4.02.04 PM.png

So I've been wanting to come up with a setup for my turntable/speaker and other media. I created a little layout of a possible setup so i can have all my media things together, and I was wondering if it's ok to put a central channel speaker underneath a turntable (wood barrier in between; part of shelf), or would that affect the turntable, as well as the records sitting below? I have a layout image below for context.
View attachment 3439
the central speaker could induce some vibration in the cabinet itself that could transfer to the turntable.
not ideal really.

Reactions: AlexAR4

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
My turntable sits on a very similar setting to your proposed setup, although I use a sound bar that I have mounted on the wall below my tv, so I'd suggest maybe mounting your centre speaker on the wall if possible.

Reactions: AlexAR4

AlexAR4

Apr 6, 2022
Visit site
the central speaker could induce some vibration in the cabinet itself that could transfer to the turntable.
not ideal really.
I wouldn't use the central speaker when playing my turntable. But when I would be using the speaker for watching tv, would it still affect the turntable components in anyway even when not in use?

AlexAR4

Apr 6, 2022
Visit site
My turntable sits on a very similar setting to your proposed setup, although I use a sound bar that I have mounted on the wall below my tv, so I'd suggest maybe mounting your centre speaker on the wall if possible.
Central speaker mounted on a wall sounds a bit too much 😂😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts