Possible new amplifier?

baldbeats

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Linn Sondek Lp 12 with Lingo p.s.u. and Celestion Ditton 66's speakers, currently using a Sansui au 666. Could you reccomend another amplifier that would improve the current set up. Thanks

T

the record spot

I'd stick witht he Sansui and change the speakers. The AU666 and its ilk is still a great amp today. Sansui turned out some fine hifi gear. Have you had it serviced? Get the internals checked over, make sure the caps aren't leaking and get it back on spec and it'll sound like a new amp.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
the record spot said:
I'd stick witht he Sansui and change the speakers. The AU666 and its ilk is still a great amp today. Sansui turned out some fine hifi gear. Have you had it serviced? Get the internals checked over, make sure the caps aren't leaking and get it back on spec and it'll sound like a new amp.

There are parallel threads on this, and I said something similar on the other one....so it's good to see that you agree about keeping the amp and getting it serviced.

T

the record spot

I used to have an AU-717 amp which was a great bit of kit. A real powerhouse. Built like a tank, but a delicious sound quality to it. It bettered an Exposure 3010s, Harman HK990 and was easily the equal of a Leema Pulse I tried out at home. The thing hadn't been serviced, so I took it in to have it done by a local audio repairer who knew his stuff. The caps are famous for leaking, the circuit board is sometimes corroded thanks to the type of glue that Sansui had used at the time. This would always be my first step with one of the better Sansui amps. The AU666 predates the -17 series amps, so it might be in need of a good tidy up under the lid.

TRENDING THREADS