admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a pair of GB1-i's, had to wait 3 months for them to arrive from England, but they were well worth the wait! However, because of a rather large room, bass is as to be expected not really convincing (even when positioned close to the wall). Does anyone has some advice on getting some extra bass power and greater dynamic reach? Is a small subwoofer for instance B&W ASW610 an option? The TLE1 is too much for my budget...

Beste regards from the Netherlands

Marcoos

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Bi-amp them if you can, that made a huge difference to my TB2+ s, not just in the bass depth, but all round. Also if you don't already, then getting thick speaker cables can tend to help with bass.

I did use my REL Quake with my speakers for a while, but I ended up concluding that it sounded better without, and as I have quite a small room the bass is more than strong enough anyway.

If you do go for a sub don't skimp and try to get a home trial before you buy - the Quake at £350 wasn't good enough for me.

A

Anonymous

Too large for the speakers, but, he, I am married...furthermore the FB1 was not an option with my budget

The room is 8 by 10 meters!

Kind regards Marco

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:That's a big room. Not much you can do with positioning, since the design kind of makes them sound the same wherever they are. More power is probably the option...

Or sit closer in the golden triangle?

John Duncan

Graham_Thomas:Or sit closer in the golden triangle?

Is that a biscuit?

Indeed, your own positioning can completely change the sound of a speaker, but that may or may not be an option either. If it is, go for it.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:Or sit closer in the golden triangle?
That was Philip Swift's advice for those that find the Spendor SA1s light in the bass. Reminds me a bit of people that spend big bucks on long lenses for their SLRs. You could just buy a smaller lense of higher quality and get a bit closer
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:Graham_Thomas:Or sit closer in the golden triangle?That was Philip Swift's advice for those that find the Spendor SA1s light in the bass. Reminds me a bit of people that spend big bucks on long lenses for their SLRs. You could just buy a smaller lense of higher quality and get a bit closer
emotion-1.gif

Not such a great tip if you are a Private Investigator Iggs

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts