PM6002 or CA 540A V2 amp for 902i? (Urgent)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system. I have zeroed down on the MS 902i as i am getting it for a really bargain price.

I am really confused between the Marantz PM6002 vs CA 540A v2 amplifiers. I couldn't compare them together as none of the show rooms have both the amps together. Although have heard them individually & felt that they both sonuded pretty good. But really can't compare as have heard them at different locations with different speakers & different acoustical environment. And there is not much difference between the pricing.

Which one would suit the 902i's better as the Marantz has got really nice reviews whereas both MS & CA are from the same parent familly, so logically should sound good together.

I listen to all kind music - rock, classical, trance, techno, etc. Though i also love to listen to music with lots of vocals.

Please give me your valuable advice & thank you in advance for you time.

Regards,

Ankan

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I think both Marantz and Cambridge can be a bit bright with M. Short 902i speakers,ÿwhichÿcanÿbeÿdryÿsoundingÿwithÿvocalÿvoice. Try NAD or Arcam amps. I think the Cambridge has stronger bass than Marantz.

A

Anonymous

There are already a number of threads covering these two amps ad nauseam.

Unfortunately you're up against the same problem we all are as often it's impossible to compare amps or pieces of equipment together. If you have the speakers already, take them in to both dealers and have a listen. You'll have to rely on memory, but that's what a lot of us had to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts