Please help, no audio between my smart tv and marantz sr4500

perseidas

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all :wave:

Im new on the hifi world, I bought a marantz sr4500 from a friend so I can change the way Im watching movies and listening music, but I spent all the day trying to have audio connecting the tv and the receiver with the optical cable.

I changed the parameters on the tv menu to External Speakers, and put the source on the marantz to DIG. 2 where the optical cable is plugged, also tried to change to the other port DIG. 1 with no results...

My tv is Samsung UE40D5500RW, here is the manual : http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D5500RWXXH-downloads#

I hope someone can help me because I am really frustrated :cry: . Thank you !

perseidas

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Bill

I did what you told me but without results, when I go to Tools and anynet+ setting on the smart tv, and then when I check the Device List I don't find the "receiver" which is already connected. I reconnected it and restarted the tv and nothing...

How can I know if marantz sr4500 is compatible with that technology of anynet+ ?! and if it shoul work what could be the problem :S

Thanks u a lot

abacus

The optical out has nothing to do with anynet (Or any other type of communication) as it just transfers digital audio data, so I suspect you are in the wrong menu. (Anynet is only for supported Samsung products)

Looking again in the manual (Not very clear if you don’t have the TV in front of you) I think you need to go into sound settings (Page 76) and look for SPDIF (As this is what the optical output is) then follow the instructions to activate it.

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts