Pioneer SA-620

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
My dad used to have an SA520, which was basicaly the same, but with one less button on the front and a bit less power. I remember the day he bought it home and I just loved the Pioneer logo power meters on the front! I'd never seen meters so responsive before - although I was about 10 at the time. I think he had it for about 10 years. In that time, no faults, sounded great and if you can pick it up for £50 or less it'd be a bargain! I almost bought an SA620 a few weeks ago off ebay just for old time's sake!

A

Anonymous

There were 2 versions on the SA-620 ...

the older version of the SA-620 was produced from 1975 and was also known in some countries as the SA-6200 ... had a rating of 15 Watts

from 1982, they were rated at 45 Watts and the RRP was $300 USD

Have not heard any of these, however there is a vintage forum specifically for vintage Pioneer and you will get much info from some very knowlegeable people ... (audiokarma.org)

here are all the specs of the old silver pioneers ... hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Hi this is my first post here,

i no this is a little old but i saw this searching about my amp. I baught an SA-620 not too long ago and im loving it, i think its the 1981 model, with the blue bars on the front like the 520. Visually it is very similar to the 520 but looking inside the componants are completally different. Im no electritian but it doesn't take a genious to tell the 620 is allot better internally plus sound quality is better by a large margin. Overall this is a lovely amp, i only got it because i blew up my 520 if im to be onest, but thats a project for after my uni course :D

A

Anonymous

Bought 2 more old silver Pioneer components .... a 1979 Pioneer TX-608L tuner and a 1978 CT-F600 tape deck ....

guy lives nearby and was having a loft clearance .... he states both in mint condition ..... paid £15 for each ....

TRENDING THREADS