Pioneer amp & B&W MT30 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Im hoping to upgrade my system in the next few days. Can any body tell me if the Pioneer Amp LX73 and B&W MT30 make a good home cinema package? Someone told me that the LX73 was too powerful for these spearkers! Can any one help?

Thx

Jay

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think it is overkill to be honest, and don't think you'd be getting the full benefit of the amp with those speakers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
While it is possible to have too much power, good speakers respond well to better quality amplification. The MT's will work fine with the 73's, and will sound better with it than they would do if partnered with the LX53 due to the LX73's superior digital amplification.

Jay07:
Hi Guys,

Im hoping to upgrade my system in the next few days. Can any body tell me if the Pioneer Amp LX73 and B&W MT30 make a good home cinema package? Someone told me that the LX73 was too powerful for these spearkers! Can any one help?

Thx

Jay

Hi Jay07

The LX73 can be safely used with the MT30's as long as you keep the volume in check
emotion-1.gif

Btw, i feel you should also consider Yamaha's excellent RX-V2067 AV receiver as it works very well with the MT30's
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I think LX73 was 'too much' for MT30. Pioneer tend to have a too bright treble.. MT30 will pair very-well with, say, Yamaha 667 or Denon 1911....

TRENDING THREADS