Philips 46PFL9706 - ideal picture settings?

Cheva

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
After sticking to my guns for the past few months(Phillips wanted to replace , under warrenty, my defunct 47PFL9664 with the now obsolete 9705) I have recently received a Phillips 46PFL9706. I have to say, whilst the picture from the 9664 was, in my opinion, superb, the picture from the 9706 is draw droppingly stunning. The detail is amazing and yes, the black level and detail is up there with the Kuros. Brightness and contrast is amazing and there is also no screen reflection. The only negative for me is that the sound does not match that from the 9664 especially in the Bass department. I also actually preferred the design of the latter.

I was wondering if anyone has come this set's the ideal picture settings from any review, or indeed if WHFI is able to provide the settings that were used in the course of the recently published review?

Thanks

1spaceboo

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi there, has your replacement come direct from Philips or the retailer, I have had a problem with my 9664 and is going to be replaced by the 9705 by the retailer. I tried to get the 9706 but they wouldn't go for it.

Cheva

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi There,

My advice is stick to your guns, I got mine direct from Philips. The retailer had sent the TV to an authorised Philps repairer who was unable to provide a fix. They had to go to Philips for a replcement, but Philips would only offer the 9705 as the 9706 was not yet available and cost quite a bit more. I wouldn't budge even though they offered me a full refund. Eventually they ageed on the 9706.

Good luck.

1spaceboo

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Can I ask who the retailer is? The one I'm dealing with even said they could get a 9664 as a replacement (I think it must have been a refurbished one), so taking the 9705 sounded like the better deal. And on what basis did you turn down the 9705.

Thanks,

Cheva

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

It was a concession in a department store. To be honest if they could have replaced my 9664 I would have gone for that. The 9705 had to many mixed reviews, whereas the 9664 was 5 star in all the reviews. The 9705 was being replaced by the 9706, so my argument was that I bought the 9664 when it had just been released, whereas they were offering me a set that was about to become obsolete. They didn't quite accept my logic but as I said before. I stubbornly stuck to my guns.

If they are offering another 9664 under warrenty, I can't see how it could be new as they stopped making them about two years ago. I don't think you have to accept a second hand or refurbished set under warrenty, though you would need to get this checked.

Try sticking to your guns, also the longer the negotiations drag on, the more chance of getting the 9706 as it will have been around for a while.

Cheva

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

It was a concession in a department store. To be honest if they could have replaced my 9664 I would have gone for that. The 9705 had to many mixed reviews, whereas the 9664 was 5 star in all the reviews. The 9705 was being replaced by the 9706, so my argument was that I bought the 9664 when it had just been released, whereas they were offering me a set that was about to become obsolete. They didn't quite accept my logic but as I said before. I stubbornly stuck to my guns.

If they are offering another 9664 under warrenty, I can't see how it could be new as they stopped making them about two years ago. I don't think you have to accept a second hand or refurbished set under warrenty, though you would need to get this checked.

Try sticking to your guns, also the longer the negotiations drag on, the more chance of getting the 9706 as it will have been around for a while.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts