Panasonic TX-P50VT20

Just read a review online for the VT20, the reviewer thinks it is the best offering in the current TV market for 2D images, with reference level 3D performance. The pictures are slightly crisper than the Kuro, but it doesn't beat it overall. The black levels, although not at Kuro league, is still the best available in the market today. The reviewer also notes that the long term black level performance remains unknown at this stage.

JSM15

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
For me it's the long term black level issue which would put me off buying a Panasonic at the moment, i am more inclined to go with a Samsung or LG plasma and also save a few quid in the process.

A

Anonymous

interesting , its almost a kuro with 3d to boot , and its cheaper than all other 3dtvs of the same size bar the yet to be seen samsung 3d plasmas , i await the whfi review with baited breath , with a bucket of popcorn in one hand , and a one way ticket to teddington and a bag of grenades in the other
emotion-4.gif

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Bigboss

This is fully in line with what I have read so far.

Not a Kuro killer although we are getting closer, and a reference performance on the 3D front.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn: i await the whfi review with baited breath , with a bucket of popcorn in one hand , and a one way ticket to teddington and a bag of grenades in the other
emotion-4.gif

Nice...
emotion-40.gif
Good job we're not an airport, or you'd be arrested by now....

A

Anonymous

two more vt20 reviews hit the web today , one saying its just better than the kuro , one saying the kuro is just better , but both , as well as the other uk review , saying its the best tv on sale today , for both 2d and 3d ...

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
There is also a Danish review out today saying pretty much the same. Best TV on sale today, with a 2D performance close to Pioneer Kuro, and reference performance (so far) on 3D. THX profile is very impressive and the best from Panasonic yet.

A

Anonymous

so far , every review has been extremely positive , im looking forward to the rest , should be very informative
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

When you say Kuro do me mean the LX? I'm guessing the krp comfortably beats it. I saw someone on a different forum withdraw their krp from sale when they saw one side by side with a VT20. You have to say Pioneer is a very apt word.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
NayTyson:When you say Kuro do me mean the LX? I'm guessing the krp comfortably beats it. I saw someone on a different forum withdraw their krp from sale when they saw one side by side with a VT20. You have to say Pioneer is a very apt word.

Well, out of the box there is quite a big difference between LX5090 and KRP-500. This is mainly due to the almost perfect settings of the 'pure profile'. I would say however, that a professional calibrator can get an almost as good picture on LX5090 after some proper tweaking.

Anyhow, I agree. If you have a KRP-500 (or LX5090) you shouldn't replace it with a VT20 unless you are very keen on 3D
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Just seen this tv again, this time in 3D, it definetely works, can't say i'm impressed, eye strain quite bad afterwards.

Spoke to the guy in the shop abit, 16 week waiting list for it, they have sold over 2500 sets already, he thinks it's the best tv going.

A

Anonymous

due to dollar / euro exchange rate change most of the early stock is being diverted to meet demand and maximise profit in USA. Its cost effective to reship out of europe (apparently for any in demand product not just tv's). I heard that from a shipping line, third hand.

A

Anonymous

12th:Guessing? You are indeed. It's the joy of the internet.

Very true. I just found a quote from Tony at TLC Broadcast:

Conclusion: If you are looking for a step up from a KRP or 9G
Pioneer, the VT20 series fits the bill. It has the same black-level
capabilities of the Kuros, but without the noise and graininess that
bedevilled the Pioneer sets.

If you don't see fringe-ing the V20 series is a good option, but the
VT20 series is the one to go for.

My conclusion - The King is dead, long live the King!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts