Samsung LE40C750 vs Panasonic TX-P50GT60

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi could somebody help me with the following at the moment i have a Samsung LE40C750 tv i am after superior picture quality and black levels would the panasonic 50st60 or the Panasonic TX-P50GT60 offer better picture quality than the samsung tv that i have i want to get the very best picture quality from my oppo 105 blu ray player or could anybody recommend a tv that will give me the best picture from my oppo 105 need help asap please :type: :dance: >)

D

Deleted member 2457

The Panasonic plasmas are superb! You can't go wrong, and yep they are the best around.

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
would it offer better picture quality than the 40c750 as it puts out a cracking picture already from my oppo and what would you go for st60 or gt60 thanks :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

markyboy156 said:
would it offer better picture quality than the 40c750 as it puts out a cracking picture already from my oppo and what would you go for st60 or gt60 thanks :cheers:

Yes for sure, you are talking like the best TV ever quality! I would go GT if I had the choice.
smiley-wink.gif

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
For picture quality alone, I quite agree with the above comments. The Panny plasmas have a beautiful fluid quality with motion & colours more natural than many LED's I've seen. The plasma reminds me of the same feel as my old B&O CRT TV I had many years ago, but just in HD (which is praise indeed). Many LED's I've seen (particularly Samsungs) look very impressive with still pictures, but the colours look a little overblown & forced to my taste. In terms of colour palette alone, the only LED's I've seen that come close are Sonys.

it's worth bearing in mind that many dealers often show CGI movies like Despicable Me etc which don't give an opportunity to highlight unnatural colouring with some TV's. Stick on a bluray of Planet Earth or something with more natural lighting and some LED's don't look quite as competitive. I've never had the opportunity to demo a Phillips LED though which I know are often highly rated.

There are negatives though that you may need to take into account.

If you plan to use Spotify through a Mac mini / PC, or have another source that will have still pictures showing for long periods, then screen burn can become an issue. I've had my Panny plasma for about 3 years now and haven't experienced any screen burn problems myself, but I've deliberately avoided using the built-in Aupeo music service app to prevent any such problems developing. When you buy a Panny plasma, they'll tell you screen burn isn't an issue, and I believe that is the case PROVIDED you use the display sensibly. There are plenty of forum contributors who have had problems, but I think many could be gamers, or those who watch a lot of a particular channel with very high contrast logos.

The other factor is they do use more electricity than a typical LED TV.

So your decision may depend on how important these factors are to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts