Panasonic TX-P50GT50 issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
please help

ive just purchased the new panasonic tx-p50gt50 plasma tv i have say is simply fantastic.

but i do have one slight problem with it is that about every 10 minuets or so the tv puts itself into standby mode then powers back up again this happens with my blu ray player and has now starting to do it with my tivo box im really hoping its something to do with some sort of power saving or eco mode but theres nothing obvious in the menus to help me work it out
if theres anyone who could help me with this issues i would be most gratefull.

regards

80s boy

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
This sounds like a fault to me as any sort of eco mode or power saving doesn't work like this, eco mode normally dims the screen to save on energy usage and power save modes turn the screen off after at least 2 hours of the screen being idle with that timing being adjustable upwards from there, this is the case in both respects with my GT30.

For the tv to cut out so quickly with two seperate sources warrants some investigation, a call to your retailer would be a good idea to discuss the issue and perhaps a call to Panasonic would also be a good idea to clarify if any feature on the tv would cause this but from what you describe the tv may well have an issue.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

thanks oldboy

just noticed a pimple in the screen like an air bubble as well as the problem with it turning itself off then back on again

ive just rung the shop i purchased it from and explained the problems with the tv ther'e gonna exchange it for a new one when they get some more in next week

as i explained to them at £1400 i expect it to be neat perfect

regards 80s boy

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a viera link (HDMI CEC) issue to me, try turning that off on your TV and see if that sorts the issue.

A

Anonymous

did the issue get resolved via (HDMI) issue or did you get a new TV Mister West Ham fan support

:quest:

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE POST

did the issue get resolved via (HDMI) issue or did you get a new TV Mister West Ham fan support

:quest:

A

Anonymous

darkdealx

unfortunatly the tv still kept turning itself off and on,so the tv got replaced for a new one but that has to go back aswell the shop is just waiting for a new batch of tv's to be delivered.

the second tv buzzes really bad more so when the screen is bright/white i had an engineer come out and take a look at it and he agreed that it was exsesivlely loud.

so now im waiting for tv number 3

apart from these issues i cannot fault this model it has the best picture quality ive ever seen.

so maybe it will be 3rd time lucky ;)

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hope your 3rd set is ok.

Seems your not alone in having problems with this set as users on another Forum are reporting various problems including the two you had as well as banding on the screen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts