Panasonic TX-L32D25B/28B setup/settings advice please. (PJPro, if you see this can you help?)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am getting a Panasonic TX-L32D25B this week.

So far I have viewed it (and the TX-L32D28 variant) in two different retail outlets from good Freesat feeds in both instances (John Lewis and our local hifi dealer) and the picture was pretty good even with 'straight out of the box' settings. (Natural colours, contrast not overblown, good with SD as well as HD on Freesat, and far better off-axis than anything else I have seen so far.)

I have looked on the web for suggested settings from owners and found a list by a reviewer on a well known HD TV test site. I have made a note of these and will try them out. (Even though they are only 'suggested' - and specific to that reviewer - at least it's a start.)

The thing is that our viewing is going to be normal Freeview (SD) until at least March next year (when our transmitter migrates to Freeview HD), and lots of upscaled DVDs, some BluRays and a lot of BBC iPlayer (normal and 'HD' 720P iPlayer). So I am after settings that will not just be for the 'ideal' of BluRays in a darkened room, but rather for 'mixed' viewing.

A forum search reminded me that PJPro has the same TX-L32D25B TV at one end of his new kitchen.

PJPro, if you see this, do you have any set-up/settings tips that might help me get the best from it?

Or any other TX-LnnD25B/28B owners of course.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Are you sure you really want one of these? It's bigger brother suffers picture breakup on fast movement, as does my 32D28. Checkout forum thread:

Picture breakup on Panasonic 37D25 LCD

and see the youtube clip mentioned.

JB

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Err. I haven't really tried playing with it as yet. I've whacked it on the wall and just used it. I find the picture to be very good if somewhat dark at times. I also notice some judder in wide sweeping camera shots when viewing blurays. But that may be my source.

It's a real pity the mag doesn't post the settings used in its tests on the web site. After, if they have gone to the trouble of working out the best settings, then it must be a fairly small task to post them online, mustn't it?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
PJPro said:
It's a real pity the mag doesn't post the settings used in its tests on the web site. After, if they have gone to the trouble of working out the best settings, then it must be a fairly small task to post them online, mustn't it?

Thanks PJ.

I assume WHFS&V get each TV calibrated before they test them. Perhaps printing the settings would take up too much room to list in the review and be considered too boring (and 'techie') and would get too many people arguing over them.

TRENDING THREADS