Panasonic TX-L32E3B and my big Fat Mouth!

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I offered to help my next door neigbour with his Panasonic TX-L32E3B TV. He keeps getting the following message... "The Freeview TV guide has been updated. Press Return to get update. Press BLUE to find out more. Press Yellow to clear message."

I tried manual and automatic retune, the operating software was checked and it is the latest Version 1.014. The massage appears after standby or when switched off at the mains. The problem appeared on Tuesday 18th September, I am not aware of any significant updates from the local transmitter... any ideas anybody?

My own Panasonic Plasma is working as normal with no glitches.

daveh75

There was an EPG reshuffle on the 19th, the UKTV channels swapped posistions basically.

Try disconnecting the aerial, then performing a retune (this will purge the EPG of previously stored parameters) then once complete, reconnect the aerial and retune again.

This method usually solves most retuning issues.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a similar Panasonic TV and had this same message last week.

I just pressed the 'ok' button on the remote and it did the re-tune as usual. (Press return or back when it's finished. It takes a couple of minutes.)

What happened when you pressed 'ok'?

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I pressed 'OK' and the problem came back. It also came back when I pressed 'Return'. I have just been to see the chap next door and the problem cleared up on its own.

Thank you chaps for coming back with advice to my query, at least I will know better next time!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts