Panasonic releasing an OLED with 4K and HDR in October and 65-inches!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
If I was to buy this TV I'd bolt it straight to the wall, but it would have to be a flat TV. 8 grand or even 4 grand is too much for a TV, I'd invest in a projector and I would keep my plasma for general TV viewing.

That's exactly what bigboss advocates, as does the reviewer Steve Withers on AVForums!

D

Deleted member 2457

I did buy another pair the other day in Currys the AKG K451's, but that's it now for me, 3 pairs is more than enough, I swear that is not that much difference between the pairs too. Headphones are definitely off my shopping list now. *smile*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
3 pairs is more than enough

In which case, these look made for you ;-)

ASUS-Cerberus-wovow.org-00.jpg

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
D

Deleted member 2457

Joe10155 said:
gel said:
gel said:
My stand is 1100mm wide, can someone at WHF measure it? Thanks

I've just done an on screen measurement & ratio comparison from the "straight on" photo of the TV on the Panasonic website and.........

It appears that the stand is (according to my calculations) approximately 1020mm wide.
Very clever, and cheers for that! Is that right? I reckon that would fit on my stand okay then? Just a little overlap which doesn't matter right? Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

£6000 according to these:

http://www.t3.com/reviews/hands-on-panasonic-viera-tx-65cz950-an-oled-tv-that-was-worth-waiting-for

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Denham, the Managing Director of Panasonic UK, is interviewed today by my man Steve Withers. Go to the link and scroll about three-quarters of a page down.

https://www.avforums.com/article/panasonic-tx-65cz950-oled-tv-ifa-2015-md-interview.11887

Alas, nothing definite about price though, despite what has appeared several times earlier in this thread, including immediately above .... However, I myself would be very surprised if its (at least introductory) cost is less than £5,000. Just my guess ...

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Andrew Denham, the Managing Director of Panasonic UK, is interviewed today by my man Steve Withers. Go to the link and scroll about three-quarters of a page down.

https://www.avforums.com/article/panasonic-tx-65cz950-oled-tv-ifa-2015-md-interview.11887

Alas, nothing definite about price though, despite what has appeared several times earlier in this thread, including immediately above .... However, I myself would be very surprised if its (at least introductory) cost is less than £5,000. Just my guess ...
Cheers for the link, I watched it earlier too. Good to see the picture on the TV.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I was speaking today to a salesperson in Richer Sounds (who had been considering buying ellisdj's Panasonic 65VT65 plasma). He said that they had heard from a Panasonic representative, who has seen the new Panasonic 4K OLED next to Pansonic's best-ever plasma, the 60ZT65. In the words of the Panasonic representative, "It (the new 4K OLED) makes the ZT65 look broken." Wow! There was I thinking that my own 65VT65 was good! *dash1*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
I was speaking today to a salesperson in Richer Sounds (who had been considering buying ellisdj's Panasonic 65VT65 plasma). He said that they had heard from a Panasonic representative, who has seen the new Panasonic 4K OLED next to Pansonic's best-ever plasma, the 60ZT65. In the words of the Panasonic representative, "It (the new 4K OLED) makes the ZT65 look broken." Wow! There was I thinking that my own 65VT65 was good! *dash1*

Thats the same sales pitch they said about the ZT next to the legendary Kuro - have you seen both - yes I have - is it better yes it is - was it a couple of £k better yes it probably was / is

Will the Panasonic OLED be about 6 - 7k used or 4k new better i.e. double the cost - I am not so sure at the same size.

Its a huge amount of ££ for a 65" screen - available only to a limited few with the pockets deep enough over the next year or so. I would hazard a guess new cheaper models to follow 2016 and on

You can always be on the band wagon for the latest and greatest - but at the same screen size depending on how far away you sit the benefits are going to be incremental for the most part of whats available to watch. UHD Blu Ray could well change that but its still limited to the size and spec of the film which is not that different to Blu Ray.

Also as UHD content comes out 1080p content will improve loads as well just as DVD quality has

That amount cheddar buys into real high quality Big screen possibilties as well, tv's dont compare to this so its competition is now a different market sector as well

I love the idea of the TV but that price is staggeringly high - too much for a TV

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
You can always be on the band wagon for the latest and greatest - but at the same screen size depending on how far away you sit the benefits are going to be incremental for the most part of whats available to watch. UHD Blu Ray could well change that but its still limited to the size and spec of the film which is not that different to Blu Ray.

I love the idea of the TV but that price is staggeringly high - too much for a TV

Remember we don't have an official price yet, Panasonic's MD Andrew Denham wouldn't quote a price in the short interview I mentioned above.

However, bearing in mind that I'll be either eight feet or 11 feet away from whatever television I buy next, and given also that I've been used to having a 64" or 65" plasma since February 2012, even if I had the money I probably wouldn't buy this new Panasonic 4K OLED. I would want something bigger. It's now looking as if I will finally be able to get my hands on some pension money by Christmas. I've pretty much decided on the Samsung UE75JU7000, and I will be getting both it and my existing Panasonic 65VT65 calibrated.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It depends on the cost to what you expect from the product I think - the Panny OLED at £8.5k is savage expensive depsite how great it might be technically - apparently TPS have been given that as their price from their Panny rep according to a very trusted source in AVF.

However you are right price remains to be confirmed and it probably will set a new bar for TV tech, by how much over the LG to average eye as well you have to factor in

Is it just me or do Top Tech prices seem higher now than ever.

I wonder if top Japanese AV receivers will start pushing up to the £3k mark or if £2k will still be considered a buying limit. Only so long that price point will buy you that type of product though for obvious reasons

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Saw the Panasonic OLED at IFA - looked absolutely jaw-droppingly good!
Think I may start saving hard and skip straight from Full HD to OLED 4K in a couple of years, when (hopefully!) prices come down...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Saw the Panasonic OLED at IFA - looked absolutely jaw-droppingly good!
Think I may start saving hard and skip straight from Full HD to OLED 4K in a couple of years, when (hopefully!) prices come down...

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Saw the Panasonic OLED at IFA - looked absolutely jaw-droppingly good!Think I may start saving hard and skip straight from Full HD to OLED 4K in a couple of years, when (hopefully!) prices come down...
Wow, high praise!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Clare Newsome said:
Saw the Panasonic OLED at IFA - looked absolutely jaw-droppingly good!Think I may start saving hard and skip straight from Full HD to OLED 4K in a couple of years, when (hopefully!) prices come down...
Wow, high praise!

Or lack of suitable alternative?

That is meant semi tongue in cheek because that will be all you can buy for a serious tv in a couple of years - i.e. from HD to 4k OLED

TRENDING THREADS