Panasonic releasing an OLED with 4K and HDR in October and 65-inches!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

No price as yet:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/panasonic-ifa-2015-press-conference

So this will probably be the best OLED to date then? Because LG have limitations when it comes to HDR and I doubt that Panasonic will.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just seen more here:

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-tx-65cz950-4k-uhd-oled-review.11860

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Just seen more here:

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-tx-65cz950-4k-uhd-oled-review....
Link now active.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
It'll have the same limitations as LG, because the panel is LG. Panasonic is not making the panels themselves.

it will have better calibration controls - so there may be improvements, I hope ...... And using Panasonic technology to drive the OLED as per the following extract from avf:

Instead he was keen to highlight that it is Panasonic technology driving the OLED panel. Because OLED is a self-illuminating technology very similar to how plasma works, they wanted to point out that issues such as the shift from absolute black to just above black is something they have managed to achieve where others can’t. The knowledge built up from the many years of perfecting plasma image quality translates extremely well to the similar way that an OLED image is driven.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It'll have the same limitations as LG, because the panel is LG. Panasonic is not making the panels themselves.
Cheers, forgot that!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It does look significantly superior to LG!
How do you work that one out when it has the same limitations as the LG? I can't see this TV lasting, who's going to pay £8,500 for one? They will go out of business just like Samsung did.

LG's will be a bargain at half the price.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Ah cheers, that's great! 32.5kg that's doable for my stand.

As I've told you several times before, your stand (identical to mine) can take quite a bit more than 32.5kg. I have my 52-kg Panasonic 65VT65, plus about another 8 kg, on my Optimim AV300 stand.

bigboss said:
Have you ever tried to keep a TV for its full warranty preiod? :)

Well gel clearly hasn't, but I have! The PIoneer 428XD bought in 2008, now demoted to my bedroom; the Pioneer LX5090 bought in September 2009, now demoted to the front bedroom; the LG 60PZ950T in the kitchen, bought in September 2013 on a one-year guarantee from Currys. All now out of guarantee.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
How do you work that one out when it has the same limitations as the LG? I can't see this TV lasting, who's going to pay £8,500 for one? They will go out of business just like Samsung did.

If you read the link, it explains Panasonic's processing which enables a superior performance out of a LG panel.

Oh, I'm stunned when you say "They will go out of business just like Samsung did." Gel, are you living a parallel universe?? Because in this universe, Samsung are still very much going strong! I'm hoping that you meant to say Pioneer rather than Samsung ..... I

D

Deleted member 2457

O
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

If you read the link, it explains Panasonic's processing which enables a superior performance out of a LG panel.

Oh, I'm stunned when you say "They will go out of business just like Samsung did." Gel, are you living a parallel universe?? Because in this universe, Samsung are still very much going strong! I'm hoping that you meant to say Pioneer rather than Samsung ..... I
No, I just think that them selling OLEDs won't last, who is going to buy them at that price? LG is proving too expensive enough at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
They lost me at 'curved'
The curve on OLED really isn't that bad though. I hear it's worse on LEDs though with limited viewing angles but on OLED it's quite nice really. *smile*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:

I think gel was probably referring to this, but the fact Samsung seems to be showing OLED technology at IFA suggests that news piece, lovingly ripped off from CNET, might have been a bit wide of the mark. Or perhaps the products Samsung is now showing won't become a reality until 2016.

TRENDING THREADS