Panasonic 65VT50 box size?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
What i can say is that the box for my old 42GT30 slid in nicely on the back seat but sat quite high up, don't forget the box must be kept upright during transport and that it should never be laid flat. I would say that you would at least need an estate car in order to transport it safetly as i highly doubt it would fit on the back seats of a normal saloon car no matter what size as the box will be bit of a monster, ideally i would say get it delivered if possible.

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Oldboy, my car is the new Ford Explorer and seeing as this TV is a single pane of glass I'm very keen to transport myself (upright). Not convinced the peeps over here in Saudi completely understand the safe transportation of TVs. Bought a 42inch Panny for my son and had to physically stop them from lying it flat in my boot!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I don't blame you, i would be of exactly the same opinion in your situation. I would say it should fit in nicely in the explorer, if it's the big off road like car i'm thinking of? If it is i'm sure it will fit in nicely as long as the seats are able to be slided back or forward if needed as it will probably need to sit on the floor of the car rather than the seats due to the sheer physical size of the screen, i'm very jealous btw that you are going for a 65 inch screen, that's serious home cinema kit enjoy!!

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately it's the 2012 Explorer (car like as opposed to big lunch box on wheels!). For anyone else interested the carton size is 1700 x 360 x 1030 mm high, doesn't fit. Looks like it will have to be home delivery.........keep ypur fongers crossed for me.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
camdxr said:
Unfortunately it's the 2012 Explorer (car like as opposed to big lunch box on wheels!). For anyone else interested the carton size is 1700 x 360 x 1030 mm high, doesn't fit. Looks like it will have to be home delivery.........keep ypur fongers crossed for me.

That's a shame because with a tv of that size and with it being a plasma i would have preferred to have transported it myself as i'm sure you would, might just be worth pointing out to the retailer when you purchase it that the tv should be (and you expect it to be) transported upright...it's quite an investment after all.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Nice TV you are buying there, it would be great to have some feedback and pictures when you are sorted. :)

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I'm hoping to have the TV before the weekend, I then have to find a way to shoe-horn it into my false free-standing chimney Ikea thingummyjiggy, so I will take some photos but it may be some time before I post the finished article.

I must admit I have loved reading all about everyones' set ups and I am determined to add my own when this project is finally finished.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
camdxr said:
I must admit I have loved reading all about everyones' set ups and I am determined to add my own when this project is finally finished.

Don't worry camdxr, i finally got round to posting mine four years later. ;)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
65VT50:

14.45"(D) X 67.44"(W) X 44.57"( H )

According to this.

Hello bigboss, how do you do internet links like the one of yours above that I have quoted, or like the one that Lee H posted recently about someone ordering a television from Amazon and getting a gun instead? I know only how to put in the full http://www. etc URL. I ask because I now need to edit my signature, and I don't want to have to pester the What Hi-Fi staff who kindly did it for me. I would like to be able to edit my signature, and to put in clever links like the one you did about the Panasonic box size, all by myself!

All you have to do is, select the word you want to link, then click the "chain" next to ABC. A pop up window will open. In the window, copy paste the url, & select from drop down list if you want it to open in the same window or a different window. That's it!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
All you have to do is, select the word you want to link, then click the "chain" next to ABC. A pop up window will open. In the window, copy paste the url, & select from drop down list if you want it to open in the same window or a different window. That's it!

I'll now see if it works, by trying to put a link to the Trusted Reviews review of this same Panasonic TX-P65VT50B television, here. That review ends with the ringing verdict "In fact, it’s probably the best TV for watching films on we’ve ever seen". The 55" version of this TV was also reviewed in AVForums, here, and was awarded Reference status. I'm very envious of camdxr ......

TRENDING THREADS