Question iPhone Product Size?

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Is it me or does everyone face the issue of iPhone size, the iPhone 12 and above doesn't fit well in the palms due to its regular rectangle shape.

I hope the upcoming versions have a gradual curved rear surface, from the side edges to the centre of the bottom, that fits well in the palm when held. Also, the thickness can be compensated with a rear curved profile, and even have better heat dissipation with the real panel's premium material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Friesiansam

Is it me or does everyone face the issue of iPhone size, the iPhone 12 and above doesn't fit well in the palms due to its regular rectangle shape.

I hope the upcoming versions have a gradual curved rear surface, from the side edges to the centre of the bottom, that fits well in the palm when held. Also, the thickness can be compensated with a rear curved profile, and even have better heat dissipation with the real panel's premium material.
I have no problem with my iPhone 12 but, I do have big hands (26cm span).

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site

Very interesting thinking; I'll share with my grand-niece who is studying industrial design.

What about "pocketability"?? For phones, watches, and integrated amps, I prefer slim. I'm less phone-centric than most and pocket-fit is much more important that palm-fit.

Very interesting thinking; I'll share with my grand-niece who is studying industrial design.

What about "pocketability"?? For phones, watches, and integrated amps, I prefer slim. I'm less phone-centric than most and pocket-fit is much more important that palm-fit.
That would depend on the size of your pockets. I have a coat with pockets that will easily take a brace of pheasants.....

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site

For putting the smartphone in your pocket, it would be best to slide it screen-facing your thigh-side with the bulge on the outside. It wouldn't make any visual difference from afar.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
You might be on to something. I know way more women than men who own the iPhone Max. Maybe the slightly larger size makes it easier for small hands.

That said, I can’t imagine a company who spends more on product design than Apple does. Unless for some reason their whole team have giant hands & it’s given them a massive blind spot where they forgot to test prototypes with small handed people.

You might be on to something. I know way more women than men who own the iPhone Max. Maybe the slightly larger size makes it easier for small hands.

That said, I can’t imagine a company who spends more on product design than Apple does. Unless for some reason their whole team have giant hands & it’s given them a massive blind spot where they forgot to test prototypes with small handed people.
I wouldn’t want to appear culturally insensitive, but friends I’ve known from Japan and Malaysia tend to have smaller hands than the average European, in my estimation. Given the huge consumption of consumer electronics there I would have thought this type of feedback would have long been available.

TRENDING THREADS