New denon x4800h humming sound

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SallyB

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
I have an amp that when placed on an inner shelf of a wooden rack it audibly hummed, the hum seemingly being amplified by the partially enclosed wooden chamber within which it sat. When the amp was sat on top of the rack there was no audible hum. Would also agree that when the hum is not audible at the listening position, you have the option of deciding to live with it if further investigation is not an option for whatever reason.

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
I have an amp that when placed on an inner shelf of a wooden rack it audibly hummed, the hum seemingly being amplified by the partially enclosed wooden chamber within which it sat. When the amp was sat on top of the rack there was no audible hum. Would also agree that when the hum is not audible at the listening position, you have the option of deciding to live with it if further investigation is not an option for whatever reason.
yes cant go further as service is insistting on phone that its normal transformer sound. I will have to travel 80kms as well. so i have installed rubberpads and it is now DEAD SILENT inside tv unit case so i will live now

Jasonovich

The partially enclosed wooden chamber has effectively turned into some kind of acoustic instrument. Brilliant synopsis on on your part.

TRENDING THREADS