Question What stereo receiver should I pick for my B&W 606 s3 speakers??

Thorseng

Aug 30, 2024
Visit site
Hello everybody

Recently I’ve bought the speakers: B&W 606 s3 speakers, which I’m super happy with. But in terms of finding a good receiver their can deliver enough power for my speakers and live up to my requirements, I find it a bit hard actually… I’m new into this whole “hi-if” world. But what can you guys recommend for me?

Requirements:
- can connect to a recordplayer
- can connect to a television
- Do have some sort of streaming (airplay/bluetooth)
- Build in RIAA

Thank you to all of you who will take the time to look at my question. I hope you guys can help.

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
thanks mate. But What about the Heos streaming app. What do you reckon about that? I don’t have any experience with it
Okay I'm going to be honest with you, it's not the best app in the world, it's not bad but it won't knock your socks off either.

If you want numbers I would list included apps in the following order:

Bluesound
Yamaha's musiccast
And then Heos.

As I said it's not as cohesive and functional as the bluesound app but it does have a lot of features and a lot of services and for the most part it works pretty well.

It's certainly a lot better than it used to be plus they're always adding updates which adds features and works out the kinks.

The great thing about you being in the UK is the fact of richer sounds. They have a fantastic return policy and since they carry both Marantz And Bowers and Wilkins, it would be easy for you to pop into a shop and hear this exact combo for yourself.

Thorseng

Aug 30, 2024
Visit site
Okay I'm going to be honest with you, it's not the best app in the world, it's not bad but it won't knock your socks off either.

If you want numbers I would list included apps in the following order:

Bluesound
Yamaha's musiccast
And then Heos.

As I said it's not as cohesive and functional as the bluesound app but it does have a lot of features and a lot of services and for the most part it works pretty well.

It's certainly a lot better than it used to be plus they're always adding updates which adds features and works out the kinks.

The great thing about you being in the UK is the fact of richer sounds. They have a fantastic return policy and since they carry both Marantz And Bowers and Wilkins, it would be easy for you to pop into a shop and hear this exact combo for yourself.
thank you for your honest answer. But is it necessary to use the app, or does it not matter whether you use or not? Because, if it have AirPlay and you can connect with Spotify, then it’s perfect for me.
Anther question… Is it right that apps like HEOS is for fine tuning and stuff like roon streaming?

Thorseng

Aug 30, 2024
Visit site
HEOS is now great - it finally has Tidal Connect. And Roon Ready is/should be imminent. The only thing it's missing is Qobuz, but maybe that can be done via Airplay.
Thanks a lot for your opinion on the matter🙌 I will surely consider buying the Marantz 70s. Overall it sounds like a great and functional receiver

TRENDING THREADS