Optical cable or HDMI input ??

Slang5571

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I'm having problems setting up my bluray player to my Denon AVRX2000 AV amp. I want to connect it with a HDMI lead so I can benefit from Dolby DTS, Dolby True HD, Dolby Master Audio ect...The problem is I have to connect my Bluray through my TV with the HDMI lead for the picture, would I be able to connect a Coaxial Cable for the picture and use the HDMI from bluray straight to AV amp ? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Mark.

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, suggest you get another HDMI cable. Then connect one of these from the blu-ray output to one of the inputs on the Denon, say the 3rd on the left which I think is marked blu-ray. Then take the second cable and connect bit from the HDMI out on the denon (the one on the far right) to the tv.

Then select blu-ray as input on the denon and you should have the audio you want and the picture on the tv

Coaxial cable cannot carry HD audio. You need another HDMI cable. My blu ray player is connected to my AV receiver via HDMI, and the AV receiver is connected tomy TV via HDMI.

Some people connect their blu ray player to their TV via HDMI, and AV receiver to TV via HDMI, and make use of Audio Return Channel (ARC) for audio. I've never used this option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts