opinions please folks...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to everyone,been away from this forum cos of work and other things,to glad to get a chance to get on here.

I wanted a new system, ended up with a audiolab 8000S+P combo,with an Audio Analogue cdp,all of which im more than happy with.Splashed out on fancy interconnects all round and good spk wire...

Looking for some speakers now, had thought about b+w speakers but no more. Got system rigged up to a pair of jbl monitors, v bassy not much detail. Brought down an old pair of little Tannoy 603ii bookshelf spkz, plugged them in sounds amazing.

as far as its going in all honesty it does not matter the price and size (i know,within reason i mean),of a speaker, but how it sounds to you when your sat in front of it.

The only speaker ive heard that has impressed me is the £1400 pound splendor speaker, so wud like to listen to its £600 little brother.Also would like to hear the rega r5 speaker.

I need to buy a new floorstander ideally, but wud go for a bookshelf on decent stands...

opinions anyone? cheers dave

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i'm starting to get a bit predictable now, but i would recommend atc all day long. doesn't matter what you listen to, they sound great. or rather, they don't. the atc's are the closest to having no sonic signature i've heard, you just get whatever's playing plus the sound of your electronics. that said they have really great bass which is powerful,detailed and tight, it's also very even - no part of the bass seems louder then the rest, very neutral and detailed mid and treble, and are very easy to position. i love mine and you'd have to shoot me to get them off me. or offer to swap for the scm40's.

Craig M.:i'm starting to get a bit predictable now, but i would recommend atc all day long. doesn't matter what you listen to, they sound great. or rather, they don't. the atc's are the closest to having no sonic signature i've heard, you just get whatever's playing plus the sound of your electronics. that said they have really great bass which is powerful,detailed and tight, it's also very even - no part of the bass seems louder then the rest, very neutral and detailed mid and treble, and are very easy to position. i love mine and you'd have to shoot me to get them off me. or offer to swap for the scm40's.

Hi reggaedave

Please also consider ATC speakers. Craig M. has prety much summed up what they are capable of. Their perfomance potential is big and their neutrality will allow the qualities of your existing and future components to shine through.

Depending on your budget you may want to consider the SCM19's (which feature the state of the art and massively built Super Linear Magnet Technology mid/bass unit) or for significantly greater bass, depth, scale, power, mid range and detail performance the SCM40's which feature the truly magnificent and state of the art Studio Soft Dome mid range unit.

Btw, Craig M. thanks for your support.

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Reggaedave

STUDIO CONTROL MONITORS:

having listened to other brands of loudspeakers during auditioning i decided to choose ATC SCM40 and the reviews accompanying it made me realise i made the right choice.

i have my SCM 40 set up to a Yamaha AS2000 and CDS2000 and was amazed by the difference the dedicated mid driver made to the middle band which in turn took the strain off the bass driver.

Being a hip hop fan listenining to voices of "50 cent" had an extra level of smoothness and clarity.

The sealed box of the ATC makes the bass sound incredible and there is no muddying in the midrange.

For the price and its capabilities in comparison with othere brands you cant beat ATC. As you might be aware ATC loudspeakers are hand built to order with a 6 year warranty.

Enough said.

A

Anonymous

I have the Audiolab 8000Q and using the 8000P's to bi-amp my MA RS6's

Im more than happy with the sound and would recommend adding the RS6's to your audition list if you get the chance....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts