My Opinions On Hi-Fi

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
You do not have to play a high end system loud to get the best from it. If anything, it's more important that it sounds good when played quietly as you can't possibly listen at eardrum splitting levels at all times.

The absolute biggest factor in sound quality irrespective of the level of your system is the recording you feed it. I have a high end system, and believe me, it is very unforgiving when it is fed a poor recording: it sounds awful as it is only representing what is there, it cannot "improve" what is poor to start with.
Yep, that is also regardless of how good your source is. A poor recording will always remain a poor record. It's the old adage: you can't polish a t##d.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Mine does! See picture.

Quite a few decent amps handle two ohms, as the lab tests in Hifi News magazine reveal. But you’re right to highlight that it’s the variable impedance curve of loudspeakers that causes the stress in some cases.

View attachment 5167
The give away is the fact that it doubles its output as the impedance halves also the fact it weighs over 22kgs, I'd bet most of that is the transformer.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts