Opinions on Panasonic Viera TXL47E5B

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Anyone got one of these and, if so, is it any good? I ask as the price is now down to £599 (with 5 year warranty) which makes it an attractive 47" if performance is up to scratch. It will replace a 4 - 5 year old Panasonic TH42PX70 plasma if I decide to pull the trigger and I would want to see a noticeable improvement in picture quality for the money (I am assuming that audio will be at least comparable as it will be going through the same AV amp & speakers).

Any views would be much appreciated.

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
C'mon girls and boys - someone must have something meaningful to say on this - I really want to see some opinions that I respect before committing (or otherwise).

A

Anonymous

Hi,

This TV is brilliant on the HD channels, Xbox and Blu-ray, but the normal Freeview stations are a bit ropey and varied from transmission to transmission.

Also played MKV, AVI, AVCHD files without any issues.

Basically if the film or live transmission is not up to scratch then this set will show it.

I had a few issues on the initial set up where the picture flashed when watching movies which went from light scenes to dark scenes very quickly. After careful set up and setting the screen sensitivity to ambient room light sensor mode, everything was fine. I have to admit though I noticed that this only occurred on bad film to video transmissions. On another note is that the sound is very weak at the low end, well there isn't any!! But I guess this is the case with many thin LED TV’s out there. Africa on BBC1 HD is absolutely breath taking and it goes to show that the production value on a show like that, is the best as it's going to get.

So in conclusion it's excellent with HD sources, very good colour and comprehensive white balance settings. Not so good on the standard Freeview and weak bass.

I would recommend going to Richer Sounds as they beat the £529 price from RGB by £10!!
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Cracking telly - only problem TV guide bit old fashioned and does not display picture and sound when searching.

otherwise great picture, also playback films and music on usb. and also smart TV but limited to BBC i Player , you tube etc. Not Panasonics fault.

usb play back on films - record at around 800mbs instead of 1 or 2 gb and picture quality very good. you can always buy better tv's but a quality 47" smart tv, with usb playback and 5 year guarantee for £550 :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS