Onkyo and Monitor Audio - Match made in Heaven or hell?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Looking at teaming the Onkyo TSR-805 with Monitor Audio BR5AV. Anyone know if they are a good pairing and if they will be as good for music as films.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

I have the Onkyo 875 paired with the RS8's, excellent sound on music as well as films.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice as I'm a little out of date on these things.

A

Anonymous

i am bias, but i agree that it will be fantastic. No problems at all with either music or film

A

Anonymous

Id have a listen first! You might find them a bright and fatigueing when paired, I love the onk but found it more to my likeing when matched with a speaker thats a little more laid back than the monitors. but its all down to personal prefrence at the end of the day.

A

Anonymous

valueable advice indeed. May i also suggest that before listening, ensure that when running the speaker set up,the microphone wasnt placed on soft furnishings. May sound daft but i made this mistake initially and the br5 did sound bright. When i re~ran the auto setup and placed the microphone on a tray (got the advice from this forum so thankyou) this was corrected.

A

Anonymous

I also have onkyo 875 paired with RS8, either music or film. The sound is excellent, bright & clear. But at the beginning is not that great might be because RS need run-in for several hours. I am satisfy with these babies.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="4malin"]

I also have onkyo 875 paired with RS8, either music or film. The sound is excellent, bright & clear. But at the beginning is not that great might be because RS need run-in for several hours. I am satisfy with these babies.
[/quote]

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and audition them this weekend. Don't think my budget can stretch as far as the RS6/8s at the moment.

I'm assuming the interconnects will make quite a big difference as well; is there a point at which the additional quality gained by the ££ for interconnects ceases to make much difference for a setup such as I'm looking at?

A

Anonymous

Just wondering how one can compare the BR5av which was asked to the RS series. They are miles apart in price.

A

Anonymous

How about Radius 90 with Onkyo 606? Have anyone pair them & what Centre Speaker & Sub to go with the pair?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Would love for someone to tell me how the BR5 package sounds. Like the idea of RS6 for the BR5 fronts. Food for thought. I have the supplier waiting for me to place and deliver the order for the BR5 just hanging back after reading the above. Got the BR5 package for 966/-. Turned down the Arcam Muso/logo package at 896/- on advise from Clair.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sharples"]
Would love for someone to tell me how the BR5 package sounds. Like the idea of RS6 for the BR5 fronts. Food for thought. I have the supplier waiting for me to place and deliver the order for the BR5 just hanging back after reading the above. Got the BR5 package for 966/-. Turned down the Arcam Muso/logo package at 896/- on advise from Clair.

[/quote]

Where did you find the BR5 package for £966? Cheapest I've found is £1055.

A

Anonymous

In Dubai. If you look the Arcam deal is even better. The reason I was going for the BR5 over the Arcam was the fact Clair said traditional would sound better than the style package notably for music. Have you demoed the system yet?

TRENDING THREADS