Onkyo 606 Issue

Smarted

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
When I turn on my 606 it defaults to the game input, I am only using sat/cab and dvd at the moment and I would like it to defualt to sat/cab when I turn it on. I can't seem to see anything in the manual (but I may be missing it), can anyone help?

Smarted

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I guess the answer is no one knows, hmmm. OK just one try. (Bump)
emotion-5.gif

Smarted

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Fair enough but I have control over the AV via the TV so when I turn on the TV the AV starts up and then strangely insists on defaulting to the game input! I guess the other work around would be to connect my Sky box to the game input. With all the fantastic features of this AV, I feel it's a bit of an over sight that the unit dosen't look for an active input when it turns itself on. But ha ho
emotion-8.gif

Smarted

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
It's a Pioneer PDP-508XD, and it has "power on" control of the AV via the HDMI control feature. It works a treat apart from this little niggle. The TV displays "Switching Audio Source On" (or something very like that), but then switches to the game channel.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm - AFAIK Pioneer isn't one of the manufacturers for whom Onkyo claims full compatibility with its RIHD system, so I guess there is a signalling problem. Could be the HDMI input you're using on the TV is somehow designated as the game one, and thus that's the input the Onkyo is being told to switch to - might be worth trying another HDMI input on the TV and see whether anything changes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts