Olive 4HD best addition to provide quality audio for my SONOS system??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking at finally moving from my CD collection to full digital sound and have to date invested in SONOS with 2 ZP120 and 2 ZP 90 one of which is connected to my AV system (Denon AVR4308, Monitor Audio RS6AV) and the other to a Cyrus DAC through to Cyrus 8VS2AMP and Monitor Audio stand mount speakers. These currently access music stored on my PC which is a mixture of ripped Cd and iTunes downloads. I also subscribe to Napster on a monthly basis to feed the Sonos system.

I would like to get the best sound quality within a budget of around £2500 and would also like to be able to copy down onto iPOD.

Having read a number of reviews it looks like the Olive 4HD might well fit the bill but would appreciate some advice/comment.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
keithk:I have been looking at finally moving from my CD collection to full digital sound and have to date invested in SONOS with 2 ZP120 and 2 ZP 90 one of which is connected to my AV system (Denon AVR4308, Monitor Audio RS6AV) and the other to a Cyrus DAC through to Cyrus 8VS2AMP and Monitor Audio stand mount speakers. These currently access music stored on my PC which is a mixture of ripped Cd and iTunes downloads. I also subscribe to Napster on a monthly basis to feed the Sonos system.
I would like to get the best sound quality within a budget of around £2500 and would also like to be able to copy down onto iPOD.

Having read a number of reviews it looks like the Olive 4HD might well fit the bill but would appreciate some advice/comment.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can use the Olive to feed Sonos. Even if you could you'd just be using the Olive as a glorified NAS (you could use it to replace on of your ZP90s though) in which case it wouldn't make any difference to the audio quality of the other Sonos Zone Players as it's only transferring network data to them and thus will sound the same regardless of where the files are stored.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts