Newbie advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
New stuff mostly is Stu.
I was in HMV with my non-hifi type brother, looking through some £40+ (single) albums.
Amazed, he asked me,
"Do people actually pay these prices?"....seems they must do.

(A think one or two of those £40 albums are about 6 quid on CD). your looking in the wrong places.
Try ebay etc its where you need to be and other online sellers.
Hmv are there to catch ppl out with new pressings of old stuff people sell in bundles.
It's of course a story of looking around sporadically online but collecting is usually that regardless.
I remember as a DJ using hmv downstairs getting records at 1.99 then them rocketing in price after vinyl disappeared when cd decks replaced them, now it's downloads turns to replace CDs hence the price of a cd is cheaper than ever.
Hmv bargains on the small vinyl resurgence.
There was a few I looked at like an album by garbage for 36.99 yet the original was on eBay not long back for 4.99.
The nature of downloads mean they will always be more available.

Reactions: Gray

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Try ebay for cheap bundles and assai records for the newer stuff etc its where you need to be and other online sellers.

Avoid Hmv they are there to catch ppl out who don't know the other avenues of purchase and let nostalgia take over.

It's of course a story of looking around sporadically online but collecting is usually that regardless.

I remember as a DJ using hmv downstairs Newcastle getting records at 1.99 then them rocketing in price after vinyl disappeared when cd decks replaced them.

Now it's downloads turn to replace CDs hence the price of a cd is cheaper than ever.

Hmv bargains on the small vinyl resurgence.

There was a few I looked at like an album by garbage for 36.99 yet the original was on eBay not long back for 4.99.

The nature of downloads mean they will always be more available.

Some people will always prefer physical media as do I with certain things

TRENDING THREADS