Oh what have I done...!?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Erm... :doh:

Cyrus StreamXP / Cyrus XPower power amp plus PSX-R / Chord Epic speaker cable / Partington Broadsides

Just need to tell the wifey pifey now.... Oh and choose some speakers! :?

A

Anonymous

Maybe we could help each other out

Its our anniversary on 23rd October so I've booked a room at the Renaissance Hotel in Manchester 22nd/23rd. Haven't broken the news yet that theres a Hi Fi show in the hotel that weekend!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
nick8858 said:
Maybe we could help each other out

Its our anniversary on 23rd October so I've booked a room at the Renaissance Hotel in Manchester 22nd/23rd. Haven't broken the news yet that theres a Hi Fi show in the hotel that weekend!

You old smoothie, you :)

Bring her to the show - she might love it.

And if it's really not her thing in anyway shape or form... Harvey Nicks is just opposite the hotel :bounce:

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
nice one hifi1979, i am really tempted by the stream xp. happy auditioning for new speakers but unless they are hard to drive i would use the psxr on the xp. next trick is to slip in another x power and switch em both to mono without the wife noticing.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
hifilover1979 said:

Cyrus StreamXP / Cyrus XPower power amp plus PSX-R / Chord Epic speaker cable / Partington Broadsides

This may sound 'poke in the eye' obvious, but S-P-E-N-D-O-R A5?

Not sure they'd fit on his Partington's PP ;)

A

Anonymous

visionary said:
plastic penguin said:
hifilover1979 said:

Yeah... Probably a bit too tall haha...

No; sticking with standmounts as the system will be in my upstairs spare room next to my office/study and ethernet hardwired
smiley-cool.gif

scene

hifilover1979 said:
visionary said:
plastic penguin said:
hifilover1979 said:

No; sticking with standmounts as the system will be in my upstairs spare room next to my office/study and ethernet hardwired
smiley-cool.gif

So after wifey finds out, that will be the upstairs spare room AKA your bedroom :O

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
Spendor S3/5R2s then?

You'll have the perfect amount of power to get their best, and (being sealed enclosures) ideal for a small room.

Nope; not for me

Demo'd them a while back with a Cyruis set-up; sounded good but not great. Felt theyt lacked a little but couldnt quitye put my finger on it

I also dont think that the sealed enclosure suits my musical tastes; more so with the deep, punchy bass needed for electronica/house music etc..

Demo list so far

M/A GX50's and GX100's

B&W P1's

PMC DB1i's

Proac 110's

ATC ScM11's

B&W 805D's (2nd hand - listening to these on Sunday)

A

Anonymous

scene said:
hifilover1979 said:
visionary said:
plastic penguin said:
hifilover1979 said:

smiley-cool.gif

So after wifey finds out, that will be the upstairs spare room AKA your bedroom :O

Haha no... Its been converted in to out relaxing film/music room (32" TV with a blue ray player and that'll be connected to the Cyrus set-up for some decentish sound for films etc...)

Just redecorated the room and now it's got a huge futon and plush carpet & rug so it's perfect for a decent stereo. Cant wait
:bounce:

hifilover1979 said:
Demo list so far

M/A GX50's and GX100's

B&W P1's

PMC DB1i's

Proac 110's

ATC ScM11's

B&W 805D's (2nd hand - listening to these on Sunday)

All on your list look pretty good to me, and some of the most favoured on these forums. I guess you may be predisposed towards MAs, though the GX range will probably be quite different.

In the curent P1 thread I wrote about two other brands with ribbon tweeters that I recently heard and loved. If you can find someone with Elacs, do try to hear them. And for a left-field option, how about the Sonus faber Minima Vintage, a sort of Italian LS3/5a.

Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Yes I'm a big fan of the M/A range; more so that I've already heard the GX 50's and 100's but not with the Cyrus gear so that'll be interesting

Looking forward to demoing the B&W P1's and the 805D's as well this Sunday...

The othgers I'm not sure about (maybe apart from the PMC DB's); heard them all and never got to thinking that they were amazing; maybe just heard with the wrong set-up but I'll soon see...

The M/A's and B&W's are current favourites...

A

Anonymous

hifilover1979 said:
Yes I'm a big fan of the M/A range; more so that I've already heard the GX 50's and 100's but not with the Cyrus gear so that'll be interesting

The othgers I'm not sure about (maybe apart from the PMC DB's); heard them all and never got to thinking that they were amazing; maybe just heard with the wrong set-up but I'll soon see...

A report on your sunday demo would be intresting ...79 :bounce:

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The DB1i's would be a good choice with the Cyrus.. mine might be up for grabs soon as i am very keen on the new PMC "Twenty" range that has just been launched... ;)

A

Anonymous

hifilover1979 said:

:bounce: How did your dem go 79 ? Is it divorce or new speakers ? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts