Oh s@@@! What have I done?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Why not? Why should the burden of proof be on the buyer for when the goods were received and not on the seller?

How can the seller claim that Plastic received the goods before the 28th November 2014 when they have absolutely no proof that that happened?

The seller is just trying to pull a fast one on this occasion.

Plastics reply to that is his word as a good honest citizen, the evidence contained in this thread, the witnesses plus any signature at the courier's depot from his visit there to collect it, plus anyone that he lives with acting as a witness.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
If you bring a claim then the burden of proof is on you. The starting point would be 'presumed service', probably the day after dispatch. However, as already said, I agree there's plenty of evidence for PP to the contrary. You said it would be unnecessary to get the delivery information from the website but it seems to me that would be simple to get hold of and irrefutable.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Where did I say it would be unnecessary to get the delivery info from the website?

The point I was trying to make about the onus of proof of delivery time, was that at this stage it hasn't gone to legal proceedings. At this stage it's PP and the seller trying to sort out something between them. And to me it's totally unreasonable for the seller to say to PP that he received the CD player earlier than he actually did - especially when they have no proof whatsoever that their assertion is correct - and for them to expect him to run around getting proof of the actual delivery date before they will give him his money back.

If it did go to court, I'd expect PP to be able to put in a claim for his time in gathering the evidence to win his case - as the seller is acting totally unreasonably, and they are acting illegally.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Apologise for what ? Sorry but in this instantce PP has acted in accordance with a *******

His bargain PMC speaker purchase he has got away with - fortunately he liked the speakers - personally I think they are nice speakers.

Very likely that he again, has purchased the Electro CD player as an end of line / ex demo bargain cheap so has no comeback regards to returns.

If I am proven wrong and they are subject to 14 day DSR then he should of rang them and told them they were delivered late.

This hifi lark isnt as easy as reading reviews, user reviews blah blah blah

Nothing personal PP but you have made yourself look very silly - bet my bottom dollar that the Naim is edging (no pun) it for you over the Electro.

on a final note - yes PP this forum is for amateurs.

Im still here though - just for comical value

Mod - Message edited to remove offensive language. Please do not attack other members.

[font="ProximaNova-Semibold, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Further edit following mod consultation - user banned for 7 days for attacking members.[/font]

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Steve, you should apologise for calling him the surname of a comically stupid Viz character, because that is rude, insulting, trolling, ad hominem, combined with foul language.

According to this: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

the Consumer Contracts Regulations that came into force earlier this year still fully apply to end of line / ex demo / bargain priced CD players.

And no he didn't need to contact the seller to tell them that the goods were delivered late. All he needed to do was to contact them at any time between placing the order and 7 days after he received the CD player to say that he wished to cancel the order. They then legally have to give him a full refund when he returns the goods to them.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You know PP?. I really feel for you. You took a chance and, on this occasion it didn't work out. It happens.

Can I ask a question pls?. Would it not have been easier to go looking for a Leema in Black?. If such an animal exists then at least you would have known what it sounded like in advance eh??. On the other side of the coin, I wish Naim did a silver finish to partner with my Roksan at home. Ho hum...

Like I said, sorry PP.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
You know PP?. I really feel for you. You took a chance and, on this occasion it didn't work out. It happens.

Can I ask a question pls?. Would it not have been easier to go looking for a Leema in Black?. If such an animal exists then at least you would have known what it sounded like in advance eh??. On the other side of the coin, I wish Naim did a silver finish to partner with my Roksan at home. Ho hum...

Like I said, sorry PP.

Well, it's not like anyone has demised is it now ... :)

It's just about a cd player. I have to say I too would have tried to source a leema unit for uniformity and aesthetics, after all the sound of the Naim was never disliked unless I've missed something.

Whether it is wise to spend reasonably large amounts of money on cd players these days is open to debate.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure what all the fuss is about PP said at the begining if he didn't like it he would get rid of it. Im not sure if he has even said he cannot send it back can not be bothered to read all through the post again!, he may not want to, i certainly would not dream of sending it back given the circumtances PP bought it under. I could order all kinds of things try um and send them back, hardley fair on poor independent retailers is it?

I could of sent my Sugden back but it was my decision to try it blind so i feel i must take it on the chin like a man, i bought it at the right price to sell it on if i didn't like it. We all seem to like making a drama and become high and mighty when it other peoples business, now where is my beer, are its on my soap box, excellent. I must say it has been entertaining though!

Cockroach

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
of[uhv, ov; unstressed uh v or, esp. before consonants, uh] Spell SyllablesExamples Word Originpreposition1.(used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.):within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.2.(used to indicate derivation, origin, or source):a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.3.(used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason):to die of hunger.4.(used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents):a dress of silk; an apartment of three rooms; a book of poems; a package of cheese.5.(used to indicate apposition or identity):Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?6.(used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category):the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.7.(used to indicate possession, connection, or association):the king of France; the property of the church. have[hav; unstressed huh v, uh v; for 26 usually haf] Spell SyllablesSynonyms Examples Word Originverb (used with object), present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having.1.to possess; own; hold for use; contain:He has property. The work has an index.2.to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position:He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.3.to get, receive, or take:to have a part in a play; to have news.4.to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain:Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.5.to hold in mind, sight, etc.:to have doubts.6.to cause to, as by command or invitation:Have him come here at five.7.to be related to or be in a certain relation to:She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.8.to show or exhibit in action or words:She had the crust to refuse my invitation.9.to be identified or distinguished by; possess the characteristic of:He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.10.to engage in or carry on:to have a talk; to have a fight.11.to partake of; eat or drink:He had cake and coffee for dessert.12.to permit or allow:I will not have any talking during the concert.13.to assert, maintain, or represent as being:Rumor has it that she's going to be married.14.to know, understand, or be skilled in:to have neither Latin nor Greek.15.to beget or give birth to:to have a baby.16.to hold an advantage over:He has you there.17.to outwit, deceive, or cheat:We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.18.to control or possess through bribery; bribe.19.to gain possession of:There is none to be had at that price.20.to hold or put in a certain position or situation:The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.21.to exercise, display, or make use of:Have pity on him.22.to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest:We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.23.to engage in sexual intercourse with.Expandverb (used without object), present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having.24.to be in possession of money or wealth:There are some who have and some who have not.auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having.25.(used with a past participle to form perfect tenses):She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast.26.to be required, compelled, or under obligation (followed by infinitival to, with or without a main verb):I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to.noun27.Usually, haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not ).Verb phrases28.have at, to go at vigorously; attack:First he decided to have at his correspondence.Idioms29.had better /best, ought to:You'd better go now, it's late.30.had rather. rather (def 7).31.have done, to cease; finish:It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle.32.have had it,to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing:I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it.to suffer defeat; fail:He was a great pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it.to have missed a last opportunity:He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it.to become unpopular or passé:Quiz shows have had it.33.have it coming, to merit or deserve:When they lost their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming.34.have it in for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to; hold a grudge against:She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities.35.have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat:We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Cockroach said:
of [uhv, ov; unstressed uh v or, esp. before consonants, uh] Spell Syllables Examples Word Origin preposition 1. (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money. 2. (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake. 3. (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger. 4. (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; an apartment of three rooms; a book of poems; a package of cheese. 5. (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again? 6. (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love. 7. (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church. have [hav; unstressed huh v, uh v; for 26 usually haf] Spell Syllables Synonyms Examples Word Origin verb (used with object), present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having. 1. to possess; own; hold for use; contain: He has property. The work has an index. 2. to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him. 3. to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news. 4. to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year. 5. to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts. 6. to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five. 7. to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss. 8. to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation. 9. to be identified or distinguished by; possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture. 10. to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight. 11. to partake of; eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert. 12. to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert. 13. to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married. 14. to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek. 15. to beget or give birth to: to have a baby. 16. to hold an advantage over: He has you there. 17. to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist. 18. to control or possess through bribery; bribe. 19. to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price. 20. to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him. 21. to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him. 22. to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times. 23. to engage in sexual intercourse with. Expand verb (used without object), present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having. 24. to be in possession of money or wealth: There are some who have and some who have not. auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or haddest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle having. 25. (used with a past participle to form perfect tenses): She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast. 26. to be required, compelled, or under obligation (followed by infinitival to, with or without a main verb): I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to. noun 27. Usually, haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not ). Verb phrases 28. have at, to go at vigorously; attack: First he decided to have at his correspondence. Idioms 29. had better /best, ought to: You'd better go now, it's late. 30. had rather. rather (def 7). 31. have done, to cease; finish: It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle. 32. have had it, to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing: I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it. to suffer defeat; fail: He was a great pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it. to have missed a last opportunity: He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it. to become unpopular or passé: Quiz shows have had it. 33. have it coming, to merit or deserve: When they lost their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming. 34. have it in for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to; hold a grudge against: She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities. 35. have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat: We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.
*nea*

I disagree.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:
*nea*

I disagree.

I thought he made a good point. Very concisely put too.

i suspect he lost something in the layout. It appears to be dictionary definitions of "of" and "have". I have some symapathy with the point he appears to be making. The other one that crops up all to often is "your" when what is meant is "you're" or "you are". Is that people are illiterate or can't be bothered to correct predictive typing?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
ifor said:
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:
*nea*

I disagree.

i suspect he lost something in the layout. It appears to be dictionary definitions of "of" and "have". I have some symapathy with the point he appears to be making. The other one that crops up all to often is "your" when what is meant is "you're" or "you are". Is that people are illiterate or can't be bothered to correct predictive typing?

And then there are those idiots who confuse 'to' and 'too'.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
ifor said:
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:
*nea*

I disagree.

It's all just to much! *smile*

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:
ifor said:
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:
*nea*

I disagree.

It's all just to much! *smile*

you shouldn't of made such a silly mistake. Your just thinking about it to much and end up getting it wrong.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
How can it be post 288 in reply to 289? Oh it's the WHF website. I'm probably guilty of them all. I'm you're didn't etc errors. Also I hate incorrect spacing ie hello,this.Hello , hello this ,website,is rubbish.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I suppose we all expected a bit more from the shootout Naim vs Electrocompaniet. More details about the differences and similarities, maybe even a pic of the setup with some CD covers of albums used for testing. It all went down to a dry and anxious repetition of "It doesn't really do it for me, can't explain why." From the late currier delivery, all the way to Steve Regakilla's empathic commentary, this was a bit of a trainwreck.

However, I respect that PP called it how it is, even though he is the deflection master. He reported what he heard, even if was of low entertainment value. If his vanity rulled the process, he would have put the new purchase on a pedestal just to prove others he didn't make a wrong blind purchase. I'll take a boring honest review over a fake poetic one any day.

Despite you value my approval no more than a kick in the thong, I say good job PP. *good*

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
PP was unacceptably traduced earler and there is no excuse for that. However PP does tempt criticism because of the nature of his posts. His comments are purely individual and subjective and in fact completely useless to anybody else. He isn't an audiophile or even someone who is into hifi. He just likes "nice noise" which is useless to a third party unless you like his "nice noise".

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts