offcom ruling - wholesale Sky Sports price

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I know that there are appeals pending, but does anyone have a view as to when the reduced prices will trickle down to the man in the street, or will that be withheld until the various appeals are heard (i.e. in several years' time!).

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Also, I can probably guess the answer to this, but is there any chance that Sky can be made to sell their HD broadcasts to other retailers (Virgin)? I would happily keep paying what I am if I could get Sky Sports HD.

A

Anonymous

poor premier league , what are they supposed to do ? i mean , the players are in a recession too you know
emotion-55.gif
take frank lampard , hes on a £40million 5 year contract , probably already earned £30m , thats £70m total , well , a lear jet ,a couple of villas , few ferraris and thats nearly gone , whats he supposed to do then ? unreal cheek from this offcom , making these life crippling decisions...

A

Anonymous

I thought at the end of the ruling was a paragraph about sky sports HD and that Ofcom had recommended that sky makes it available to all - Ofcom didn't go so far as to recommend a price though

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
daveh75:

Sky's appeal against the Ofcom ruling is due to be heard by the Competition Appeals Tribunal on Friday (23/04/10)

Clicky

It often amazes me how people find these things!
emotion-2.gif

Very intresting reading though. What I did find suprising was that both sides of the fence have legal representation from the same legal firms. Not suggesting any jiggery pokery at all, I just found it very strange - makes you wonder which side got first dibs for the most senior Qc's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts