Not another cable thread

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Seems we have been over loaded with cable debates over the last few weeks I thought id try one just for fun.

Please please please dont get into a fight between believers and non believers just simply state your amp, Cost of amp and what brand of speaker cables with the cost so we can see what everyone is using: I have a feeling that even the most strict cables dont sound different person uses good quality cables.

So Ill Start. Amp Hegel H160. cables Qed XT @ £6/meter

I am getting thicker cables BTW as not happy with them

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Leema Tucana II Amplifier & Tellurium black speaker cables & chord cadenza reference rca's.

i won't be dragged into a p***ing contest!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
T

i won't be dragged into a p***ing contest!

Missing the point - its not a pi ing contest at all - its to see what type of cables are used seems we have had so many posts about cables dont make any differnce - sorry if it seemed different that wernt my intention at all.

Its more due to a recent post someone said even though they believe that speaker cables dont make any difference but still use expensive cables anyway

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you have speakers that drop impedance down in the 2 ohms range and have nasty phase shifts, a high current capable amp is in order. In transient peaks it may use peak currents of 30A or more. An adequate wire gauge is needed.

chart.png

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Speaker cable: Kimber Crystal 24. £750.00, bought second hand for £200.00. Two & half meters pair. Interconnect: WireWorld Oasis 6. £95.00. Coax: Clear Audio Sliverline Optimus £180.00

Amp: Arcam AVR 450 £2200.00. OPPOeu.£1000. M dac:£600. Boston Acoustic speaker M340. £1400.

Mains: Original cables.

EDITED

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If you have speakers that drop impedance down in the 2 ohms range and have nasty phase shifts, a high current capable amp is in order. In transient peaks it may use peak currents of 30A or more. An adequate wire gauge is needed.

So - what are you using Vlad?

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Vladimir said:

He's saying that if you have wifi speakers you need thick air in your room.

Chris

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Vladimir said:

AKG K702 + SMSL sAp II pro + SMSL M2 + Breeze Audio LPSU +TIDAL

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Vladimir said:

30 amps seems a lot. That implies a peak power of 30x30/2 which is 450 Watts which is rather a lot.

Chris

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Vladimir said:

30 amps seems a lot. That implies a peak power of 30x30/2 which is 450 Watts which is rather a lot.

Chris

Dynaudio, Martin Logan and Apogee eat 450W for breakfast.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Infiniteloop said:
Vladimir said:

He's saying that if you have wifi speakers you need thick air in your room.

Chris

Yes. You need a high current humidifier sold with separate linear power supply for 150A inrush current capable power line.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Covenanter said:

Chris

Who's kidding here ? P = I^2 x R, so 30 A gives a peak power of 30 (A)^2 X 2 (Ohms) = 900 x 2 = 1800 Watt!

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Rethep said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Who's kidding here ? P = I^2 x R, so 30 A gives a peak power of 30 (A)^2 X 2 (Ohms) = 900 x 2 = 1800 Watt!

Sorry you are correct. My mental twiddling of the formula went wrong. However that makes me doubt the idea of 30 amps even more!

Chris

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry you are correct. My mental twiddling of the formula went wrong. However that makes me doubt the idea of 30 amps even more!

Chris

Chris forget the amps and tell us what speaker cable you use for those little beauties hahaha

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Rethep said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Chris

Speaker cables are Chord Epic.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts