No sound

Rob123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
hi just bought a new samsung smart TV model 6400 . I can't seem to get any sound from the audio outputs red & white I'm putting them into the back of a pioneer vsp200 surround sound amp . I didn't have any problems with my old pioneer plasma this way I even tried putting them in the back off my k2 roksan still no sound at all any help would be welcome.

Rob123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks daveh75 didn't think that been 11 years since I bought my old plasma.so Is there anyway I could get sound do I have to use hdmi only prob is my av amp don't have any hdmi on it?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rob123 said:
Thanks daveh75 didn't think that been 11 years since I bought my old plasma.so Is there anyway I could get sound do I have to use hdmi only prob is my av amp don't have any hdmi on it?

Does your AV amp have an optical digital input? (The Samsung has one optical digital output.)

Rob123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply chebby no it doesn't have an digital input think I'm screwed .looks like I may need to buy a new av amp any suggestions would be appreciated as long as there not to much ££ also I'd need it to be able to run with my roksan k2 as they drive the front speakers.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
What AV reciever is that you have? Optical inputs/outputs have a little black peg in them, i'm sure you know this. You have to take the peg out so yu can connect a cable.

See Opt 1 and to it's right is Opt 2 with the peg in. Again sorry if you already know this. There should be a matching socket on your TV as someone else mentioned.

mt20-3.jpg

Broomy

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Just returned to hifi after a long lay off, I currently have a 2channel set up, arcam a22 integrated and arcam p35 power amp in a bi amp set up using naim cd5 and flatcap 2 with Pmc floor standers. I have just purchased another p35 and plan to use my a22 solely as a pre amp and both powers for either hi freq or low freq on each speaker or according to arcams manual I could remove links and use the powers as mono amps which I believe means each amp would power it's own speaker. I would be interested in any views regarding mono vs traditional biamp, also any advice on how to best rig this up, for example if in traditional biamp set up would the links need to be in place?

Kind Regards

db

daveh75

No optical inputs on the VSP-200

pioneer-vsp-200_15078.jpg

Your cheapest option would be to buy an inexpensive DAC like this for example

An A/V amp with pre-outs (to use with your Roksan) wont be cheap unless you find a deal on an older model or buy used. Pre-outs tend to be reserved to the mid range up these days.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
daveh75 said:
No optical inputs on the VSP-200

Your cheapest option would be to buy an inexpensive DAC like this for example

An A/V amp with pre-outs (to use with your Roksan) wont be cheap unless you find a deal on an older model or buy used. Pre-outs tend to be reserved to the mid range up these days.

Oops I did reread his original post but somehow didn't pick up the amp part. I figured it was too old tohave had any digital connections.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Broomy said:
Hi there,

Just returned to hifi after a long lay off, I currently have a 2channel set up, arcam a22 integrated and arcam p35 power amp in a bi amp set up using naim cd5 and flatcap 2 with Pmc floor standers. I have just purchased another p35 and plan to use my a22 solely as a pre amp and both powers for either hi freq or low freq on each speaker or according to arcams manual I could remove links and use the powers as mono amps which I believe means each amp would power it's own speaker. I would be interested in any views regarding mono vs traditional biamp, also any advice on how to best rig this up, for example if in traditional biamp set up would the links need to be in place?

Kind Regards

db

If you are talking about the metal bridges bewteen the high and low binding posts on your speakers, then they need to be removed for Bi-amping. My understanding is 1 mono amp per speaker/tweeter is just the same as using a stereo pre and power amp. The only difference being you might have 4 mono blocks instead of 2 amps (pre/power)

TRENDING THREADS