New Look Mag - First Impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I thought i would give you some feedback i what i thought of the new look mag here goes:

1. For the big question i can't see the people involved forums user names?

2. Savvy shopper - excellent i like that bit.

3. Sound advice section - the winner of question of the month does not appear to get a hdmi cable any more?

4. Hi fi confidential avdvertising again - good.

Not sure on what i think of the new layout, i will have a think about that and get back to you.

Thanks [Y]

D

Deleted member 2457

Also the savvy shopper did not have his forum user name on it.

Look forward to the 50-52 inch super test next month - i hope it is for 2d screens only and can you do your best to get the panasonic 50v20 in that test - thanks alot.

A

Anonymous

Just received my WHF mag in the post and work has stopped, for an early lunch time read.

Have to say, I'm lovin the new look and pleased to see my Pioneer VSX-920 did well, [edited by mods - spoiler alert!]

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Glad you like the new look- we'll have a blog online shortly explaining some of the new features and why we've made some of the additions/changes we have.

I've edited your post to remove its test spoiler, though
emotion-2.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Gel,

Looks like you finally subscribed!!!
emotion-15.gif
That certainly took months....
emotion-8.gif

The 'new look' of the magazine certainly has a grown-up feel about it - IMO.

I wondered why the invited readers for the Big Question did not have their forum names posted as well.

They remain strangers to me - it would have been nice to put a nick to their faces!

I think it is too early to say how this new look will turn out - I have to read through the magazine first.

Regardless, well done WHF!

Ronald

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for feedback so far - keep it coming; we'll have a special blog on the new look online shortly.

One thing worth pointing out - not every reader of the magazine/user of the website is a Forum contributor, so not every person who appears in the magazine's features/letters will have a Forum alias.

I can confirm, however, that this month's Savvy Shopper is ProfessorHat
emotion-21.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
Gel,

emotion-15.gif
emotion-8.gif

I wondered why the invited readers for the Big Question did not have their forum names posted as well.

They remain strangers to me - it would have been nice to put a nick to their faces!

I think it is too early to say how this new look will turn out - I have to read through the magazine first.

Ronald

Big surprise and nicely done

emotion-21.gif

First flick through and all looks very good (forum names excepted)

Excellent stuff, good move

D

Deleted member 2457

Ronald Archiebald:

Gel,

emotion-15.gif
emotion-8.gif

Ronald

Ronald

I have been a subscriber for many months now
emotion-5.gif
i was a subscriber in the past but stopped because i needed the money for elsewhere and also had just bought a lot of new home cinema equipment. But being in the forums reqularly got me really interested again, i would probaly stay a subscriber long term.

Yep i like you like to put a face to a forum member
emotion-21.gif

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:

Clare Newsome: I can confirm, however, that this month's Savvy Shopper is ProfessorHat
emotion-21.gif

Wow!! That's a wonderful surprise!!
emotion-21.gif

I knew he wanted a new blu ray player, congrats on your purchase professorhat
emotion-21.gif
i have heard very good things about your new blu ray player.

In the 40-42 inch TV supertest roundup on page 43, I'm not sure if I like those bars instead of stars for performance, usability & features. It is difficult to differentiate them unless you look closely, especially if they've scored 4 stars in all 3 parameters (difficult to know if it's 4 stars or 5 stars). I had to squint my eyes a bit.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I would also like to see forum user names on the big question, i haven't had a proper look at the mag yet but the facts & figures on page 43 isn't very easy to understand know your not doing the stars.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
bigboss:In the 40-42 inch TV supertest roundup on page 43, I'm not sure if I like those bars instead of stars for performance, usability & features. It is difficult to differentiate them unless you look closely, especially if they've scored 4 stars in all 3 parameters (difficult to know if it's 4 stars or 5 stars). I had to squint my eyes a bit.

Yep, we realise that's not quite working at moment. Like any redesign, it'll take a few issues to evolve
emotion-2.gif

Keep the feedback coming!

A

Anonymous

having just got received my latest edition i am impressed,even easier to find the details that matter.excellent layout and a big improvement even though i was happy with old layout,anyone else thing the same.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel:bigboss:

Clare Newsome: I can confirm, however, that this month's Savvy Shopper is ProfessorHat
emotion-21.gif

Wow!! That's a wonderful surprise!!
emotion-21.gif

I knew he wanted a new blu ray player, congrats on your purchase professorhat
emotion-21.gif
i have heard very good things about your new blu ray player.

Thanks guys - very pleased so far, though haven't had maximum enjoyment out of it as yet as my flat has been turned upside down for decorating so it can be sold (as alluded to in the feature!). Things should be back to normal next week though so I can get down to re-watching all my faves on the new player!

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Now let's not all get swept away with the euphoria. We need to sit back and ask ourselves in the cold light of day and in an objective way: is it better or just different? Surely we need to conduct an A-B-X test?
emotion-4.gif

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Boo,

my subscription ran out this month and I have to wait until Aug 24th to get my hands on the new issue.

Any chance of another Chord HDMI lead if I resubscribe
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

gel:Ronald Archiebald:

Gel,

emotion-15.gif
emotion-8.gif

Ronald

Ronald

I have been a subscriber for many months now
emotion-5.gif
i was a subscriber in the past but stopped because i needed the money for elsewhere and also had just bought a lot of new home cinema equipment. But being in the forums reqularly got me really interested again, i would probaly stay a subscriber long term.

Yep i like you like to put a face to a forum member
emotion-21.gif

Cheers.

Also i ended up buying virtually every issue anyway so the plan of saving money was actually costing me more in the long run.

D

Deleted member 2457

clown:having just got received my latest edition i am impressed,even easier to find the details that matter.excellent layout and a big improvement even though i was happy with old layout,anyone else thing the same.

I am not sure what i think of it at the moment Clown, i think i am going to have think about this one over the weekend
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts