New Audiolab - anygood?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know if the new Audiolab 8000S is any good?

I now have an 8000CD, and quite fancy the matching 8000S amp, which can be had for £250. As the original RRP was £500, and reviewed generally as a 4* amp, I guess at the £250 price point it would wipe the floor with anything else in that price bracket?

My only concerns are the people who claim the old pre tag ones sound better, and the new ones are not reliable/built well.

Also given my CD would this amp be a no brainer given the synergy, aesthetics and discount?

Thanks

matthewpiano

I had one here for a few days and was mostly very impressed with it. Build quality is excellent and it is a very musical amplifier with more dynamic pep than I ever expected. There is plenty of detail in the sound as well and its good at all the hi-fi things like soundstaging, stereo imaging etc. I think it makes a very attractive proposition at its current prices and, yes, it wipes the floor with other £250 amplifiers.

A

Anonymous

That sounds like a thumbs up!

I think it should pair well with 8000CD and Mission V63 floorstanders.

Just need some decent speaker cable and some interconnect, possibly Silver High Breed?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Definitely

The Audiolab 8000S has always been a little stunner and was my first amp!

It'll perfrom very well with the CDP and your mission speakers.

IMO better cable to go for would be Chord Carnival Silverscreen along with matching Chord Crimson interconnects

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts